Admission Price: Invitation only.
Series: BBC Charter Review
City University London is delighted to announce the first of three half-day seminars to be held before the 2015 General Election looking ahead to the BBC Charter Review.
'The future of the Licence Fee' will be the theme of the first seminar. Experts in their field will be interviewed by academic staff from the Journalism department before the questioning is opened up to the audience. These events have become known as 'the City speed-debates' because there are no keynotes or power-point presentations but very focused back to back half hour sessions on the different elements of a current topic.
The experts in this first seminar will include:
- Lord Burns, Chairman of the Independent Panel on BBC Charter Review during 2004-2005 and the Chairman of Channel Four.
- Dame Colette Bowe, former Chairman of Ofcom.
- Tony Hall, Director-General of the BBC.
- Louis Heinsman, Head of International Relations, NPO (Nederlandse Publieke Omroep).
- James Purnell, Director Strategy and Digital, BBC.
- Vicky Pryce, economist.
Timing: Registration will start at 9am and the first session will begin at 9.30. The seminar will end at 12.30 and a buffet lunch will be served afterwards.
Location: The Performance Space, City University London, College Building, St John Street, London EC1V 4PB
Share this event
When & where
9.00am - 2.00pmThursday 10th July 2014
Centre for Law, Justice & Journalism