Immunisation Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|19th June 2018||09:30||Full day||£180.00||CS6028||Apply Now|
This study day will ensure delegates practice immunisation more effectively, from assessment to administration in both adults and children. It will enhance the care you are able to deliver by ensuring your skills and knowledge are maintained, developed and up to date. You will receive a certificate of attendance from the prestigious City, University of London.
Marie Hill is a Senior Lecturer in Practice Nursing with extensive experience in the field, from clinical to managerial roles. In her role as Senior Lecturer, she develops curricula tailored to meet the changing needs of today’s Practice Nurse. One of these curricula developments is the BSc (Hons) Primary Care (Practice Nursing) degree, with an emphasis on long term conditions. During her 14 years at City, University of London she has developed immunisation courses for Registered Nurses, Pharmacists and Healthcare Support Workers.
You must be a registered nurse to attend this course.
Applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English.
What will I learn?
This one-day immunisation course will cover the following crucial areas:
- Factors affecting sero-protection
- Where to obtain contemporary information concerning immunisation (e.g. Immunisation Against Infectious Diseases and other websites)
- Vaccination of individuals with uncertain or incomplete immunisation status (Public Health England, 2014)
- Assessment, documentation and obtaining informed consent
- The childhood immunisation programme: composition and recent changes to the programme. The childhood immunisation programme will include vaccines that are administered from six weeks, such as the BCG, the primary immunisation schedule (i.e. at two, three and four months), all routine vaccinations to preschool age, the HPV programme the influenza programme (from six months +) and other immunisation programmes
- Anaphylaxis: recognition and treatment.
Teaching and Assessment
There is no formal assessment for the delegates on this day. You will receive a certificate of attendance from the prestigious City, University of London. The day will be evaluated and your comments received with thanks.