This short course will focus on:
- professional responsibilities for those working in travel health
- general standards for healthcare professionals
- immunology and vaccine technology
- vaccine storage, handling, administration and record keeping
- vaccine preventable diseases
- the art of the Travel Health Risk Assessment
- health promotion and preventative measures for non-vaccine preventable diseases
- sources of evidence-based information and resources
- hot topics in travel health
- international Health Requirements
- infectious diseases including food and water borne diseases
- malaria and mosquito borne diseases
- pre and post exposure rabies guidance.
The study day is delivered in line with the 2018 Royal College of Nurses Competencies in Travel Health.
Who is it for?
This study day is suitable for qualified nurses, GP’s and pharmacists who undertake pre-travel health consultations and want to ensure they are up to date with best practice and the latest developments in travel health.
This course runs over one full day (09:30-16:30).
The benefits of this course are the knowledge and skills that will enable you to transition from a competent to a proficient practitioner within the field of travel health.
This course is worth 6 hours of CPD.