Starting your own business
CityVentures is City's entre
CityVentures is the driving force for entrepreneurship at City, University of London. Comprised of services and facilities that help student startups, provide access to funding and conduct world leading research, our mission is to inspire, aid and champion City’s Entrepreneurs.
Find out more about everything CityVentures offers here.
Get expert advice on your idea
If you have a really good business idea but don't know what to do next, or you already have a business but need advice on how to scale then book an appointment with one of the team to discuss it further.
Working in partnership with the Peter Cullum Centre for Entrepreneurship (PCCE), our Startup Surgeries are designed to give expert advice and direction on how to get your ideas off-the-ground and then make them a success!
We have two types of appointment that can be booked through the Careers hub:
1) Do you need an opinion on your idea or just have a few questions you'd like to ask?
- You can book a meeting with us for an initial evaluation or to clarify any questions you have.
2) Is your idea a bit more advanced and you are ready to take it to the next level?
- If you have already met us and would like to talk about the progress of your idea, you can book a meeting here.
Tip - Once logged in to Careers hub search for appointments and then select from:
- Introduction and Quick Queries - for early ideas and to find out more about our services;
- Business Development - if you are a start-up and want more advice on how to grow the business.
- Social Media and Digital Marketing - if you are in the early stage of development, to talk about how to revitalise/leverage your social media sites for higher engagement.
- Start-up Visa – if you are currently endorsed on a Tier-1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa or Start-up Visa and arranging a catch up. If you are an International Student looking to apply for the Start-up Visa.