Music Analysis Conference 2018
The City Music Analysis Conference (CityMAC 2018), sponsored by the Society for Music Analysis (SMA), will take place on Thursday 5th to Saturday 7th July 2018 at City, University of London. This international conference will feature analysis of world music, but welcomes paper proposals on any aspect of theory or analysis relating to music of any genre and historical period.
Professor Janet Schmalfeldt (Tufts University) and Professor Richard Widdess (SOAS).
31st May 2018 - Early bird registration closes
29th June 2018 - Final registration closes
Conference fees and booking:
Proposal submission is now closed
Further information for applicants:
- Only one proposal of each type is permitted per applicant
- Proposals must be sent by email as a MS Word or pdf attachment to CityMAC2018@sma.ac.uk
- Proposals need not be anonymised.
- Student members and individuals without access to institutional funds are eligible to apply for an SMA Travel Bursary to help cover the costs of travel and accommodation. Further details can be found here: http://www.sma.ac.uk/grants/travel/. Please note that the deadline for application for bursaries is 7 June 2018.
- Delegates are also welcome to apply to our Development Fund scheme to cover the cost of attending. For further details, see: http://www.sma.ac.uk/grants/development/. There is no deadline for this fund, but retrospective applications will not be considered.
- All enquiries should be sent to Dr Shay Loya via CityMAC2018@sma.ac.uk.
Dr Chloë Alaghband-Zadeh (Loughborough), Professor L. Poundie Burstein (Hunter College, CUNY), Dr Esther Cavett (King’s College London), Professor Julian Horton (Durham), Dr Shay Loya (City, Organiser), Professor Danuta Mirka (Southampton), Dr Laudan Nooshin (City), Ian Pace (City), Dr Kenneth Smith (Liverpool).