1. Accommodation
  2. Postgraduate accommodation
  3. Continuing students

Continuing students

2018/19 Continuing Students Accommodation

For information on room offers please click here.

Applications for rooms at Alliance House for continuing students for September 2018, will open at 10am on Thursday 1st March 2018. The deadline to make your application is 00:00 GMT on Sunday 1st April 2018. We will start offering housing in rounds at the end of April (exact date to be confirmed shortly). We will continue allocating in rounds every few weeks until the rooms are filled.

If you would like further information please feel free to get in touch with the Accommodation Team.

2018/19 prices for Continuing Students

Hall Room Type Contract Start Contract End Number of Weeks Weekly Price Total Price
Alliance House En suite 09 September 2018    23 Jun 2019    41 £168.13 £6.893.33

2017/18 prices for Continuing Students

Hall Room Type Contract Start Contract End Number of Weeks Weekly Price Total Price
Alliance House En suite 17 September 2017 01 July 2018 41 £160.06£6,562.46

All applications for a place in Halls of Residence associated with City, University of London are made online. Please read this page carefully to help you with your application. If you have any questions, please contact the Accommodation Team at

What is a Continuing Student and how do I know if I am one?

A Continuing Undergraduate is a student who has completed the first,second or is on a final year of their undergraduate degree.

A Continuing Postgraduate is a student who has completed the first year of their postgraduate degree, such as a MA/MSc or PhD.

Can I apply for a place in City's Halls of Residence? What Halls would I be eligible for?

Yes, you can apply for a room in Alliance House. The Hall has its own page with more details on the Hall, its facilities, contract lengths and prices, as well as photos of the buildings and rooms. You will not be eligible to apply for accommodation at any other nominated halls.

What is the deadline for applications?

The deadline for applications for continuing student applications is 00:00 GMT on Sunday 1st April 2018

How do you allocate these rooms?

Priority will be given to students with a disability or severe medical condition; please refer to the below section on medical conditions for further information.

Following this, rooms will be allocated strictly on a first come first served basis.

I have a disability or serious medical condition that affects my accommodation requirements; will this be taken into consideration?

Yes, we aim to give priority to students with a disability or severe medical condition when allocating rooms to continuing students.

The application form asks you to please disclose any medical conditions that you would like us to consider in our allocations. You will then need to provide medical evidence of this to us at Please state in your email that you consent for us to share this information with the Disability Co-ordinators in City's Learning Success team so that they can assess your situation. All information is kept confidential.

How will accommodation offers be sent out?

Accommodation offers for all students are sent out in rounds on specific days. When you receive an offer, you will be notified of the deadline to accept the offer. All offers for all students will be sent by email. For that reason, it's important to check your junk and spam folders in case any messages are misdirected due to inbox filters.

The first round of continuing students accommodation offers will commence from around April 2018 (exact date to be confirmed shortly on this page). Rooms are allocated on a first come first served basis.

You are encouraged to check the deposit or reservation fees required for Alliance House, so that you will be prepared to book a room when receiving an offer.

What if I am not successful in my application?

All continuing student applicants who are unsuccessful in securing a room will be placed on a waiting list to be considered for any future vacancies that may arise after September. They will be contacted by an Accommodation Co-ordinator if rooms become available after the start of the academic year.

You may also wish to look into other housing options as well.

What other housing options are open to me?

The majority of continuing students will opt for private sector housing. This could be in a private Hall of Residence, in a house or flat with friends, or in a homestay with a host family.

City University has joined with the University of London Housing Services and you now have access to the ULHS Private Housing Database for private accommodation searches and a message board system. You can use the message board to contact other students and also to look for flatmates. You will need your Student number and email address to access this database.

There are also a few rooms for continuing students via Student Homes.  Current Residents have a choice of staying on but you can contact Student Homes and they will let you know if there are any vacancies there

You also have access to ULHS Private Housing Advisors - Please see our information on Private Accommodation.

To contact the University of London Housing Services (ULHS) directly please use the links below:

+44 (0)20 7862 8880

We do not have an allocation in any other halls, however couples and families can apply for International Hall as there are no restrictions here (applications open in May) and Clandon House also does not have restrictions (applications open from June but it is located quite far from City, University of London.  To enquire about Housing for Couples and Families and for Clandon House please contact the University of London's Hall staff directly.