- Zhao, L.L., Karaivanova, A. and Zhang, P. (2021). The Complementary Role of the WTO in the Enhancement of the Base Erosion and Profit Shifting Project. World, 2(2), pp. 267–294. doi:10.3390/world2020017.
- Zhang, P., Zhao, L., Vata, O. and Rajagopal, S. (2020). Restructuring seafarers’ welfare under the Maritime Labour Convention: an empirical case study of Greece. Maritime Business Review, 5(4), pp. 373–389. doi:10.1108/mabr-02-2020-0009.
- Zhao, L. (2016). The limited scope of seaborne cargo liability regime: new political–economic environments in the 21st century. Maritime Policy & Management, 43(6), pp. 748–762. doi:10.1080/03088839.2016.1163430.
London EC1V 0HB
Dr Lijun (Liz) Zhao is a Senior Lecturer in Law at City, University of London. Her expertise lies in Corporate and Commercial Law, as well as World Trade Law. She also teaches English contract law, English and European Legal Systems, and Commercial Law. She has published extensively on various areas of corporate and commercial law, and maritime law.
Dr Zhao holds visiting professorship at several institutes, including Max Planck Institute, Harvard Law School, Bologna University, Koln University, and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb). Besides, Dr Zhao is co-Founding Director of the China-Europe Commercial Collaboration Association and a member of several professional bodies, such as the London Maritime Arbitrators Association.
Since September 2018, she has participated in the work of the International Maritime Committee’s Working Group on maritime law as a Member of the CMI Experts Group and contributed to the drafting of an instrument on the restatement of General maritime law.
- PhD, University of Wales, United Kingdom
- Senior Lecturer in Corporate and Commercial Law, City, University of London, Apr 2021 – present
- co-Founding Director, The China-Europe Commercial Collaboration Association (CECCA), Jun 2017 – present