Head of Strategy and Compliance (Research & Enterprise)
Strategy and Compliance
John Montgomery is Head of the Strategy and Compliance (Research and Enterprise), immediately prior to this he was Head of the Research and Enterprise Office at Cass Business School. John is an experienced research manager with twenty years of experience in the UK higher education sector – working in research and then research management. He has overseen three research assessment exercises for business and management studies units of assessment.
Prior to working at City, from 1994 to 2002, John was Research Associate at King’s College London’s Management Department. His 2014 article (with A. Goodall): Who says innovators have to be young? Times Higher Education magazine was selected as the magazine front cover story.
- Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021)
- Research policy and strategy
- Research governance and compliance
- Support for internal and external research audits and consultations
Contact me regarding
- Research policy and strategy and research governance issues (excluding research grants and contracts)
- How the institution is preparing for Research Excellence Framework (REF 2021)
- The institution’s 5 year knowledge exchange (HEIF) strategy for HEFCE
- Questions regarding the external research policy environment.
Room 213, Drysdale Building, Northampton Square