Dr Katrin Hohl
Dr Katrin Hohl joined City University London in 2012, having previously worked as a Research Fellow at the London School of Economics. Dr Hohl completed her PhD at the London School of Economics in 2011 on the role of mass media and police communication in shaping public attitudes towards the police. She has collaborated with the London Metropolitan Police on several research projects on the topics of public confidence in policing, police communication and neighbourhood policing.
Dr Hohl is Course Director of the MA in Criminology and Criminal Justice and MSc Social Research Methods.
- Hohl, K., Stanko, B. and Newburn, T. (2012). The Effect of the 2011 London Disorder on Public Opinion of Police and Attitudes Towards Crime, Disorder, and Sentencing. In Policing: A Journal of Policy and Practice. doi: 10.1093/police/pas055
- Stanko, E., Jackson, J., Bradford, B. and Hohl, K. (2012). A Golden Thread, a Presence Amongst Uniforms, and a Good Deal of Data: Studying Public Confidence in the London Metropolitan Police. In Policing & Society, 22(3), 317-331. doi: 10.1080/10439463.2012.671825
- Hohl, K., Bradford, B. and Stanko, E. (2010). Influencing trust and confidence in the Metropolitan Police: results from an experiment testing the effect of leaflet-drops on public opinion. In British Journal of Criminology, 50(3), 491-513. doi: 10.1093/bjc/azq005
- Jackson, J., Bradford, B., Hohl, K. and Farrall, S. (2009). Does the fear of crime erode public confidence in policing?. In Policing: A Journal of Policy and Practice, 3(1), 100-111. doi: 10.1093/police/pan079
- Wünsch, D. and Hohl, K. (2009). Evidencing a "good practice model" of police communication: The impact of local policing newsletters on public confidence. In Policing: A Journal of Policy and Practice, 3(4), 331-339. doi: 10.1093/police/pap045
- Hohl, K. and Gaskell, G. (). European public perceptions of food risk: Cross-national and Methodological Comparisons. In Risk Analysis: an international journal, 28(2), 311-324. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6924.2008.01021.x
- Jackson, J., Bradford, B., Stanko, B. and Hohl, K. (2012). Just Authority? Trust in the police in England and Wales. Routledge.
- Jackson, J., Kuha, J., Hough, M., Bradford, B., Hohl, K. and Gerber, M. (2013). Trust and legitimacy across Europe: A FIDUCIA report on comparative public attitudes towards legal authority, FIDUCIA deliverable to the European Commission..
- Hohl, K. (2011). The impact of the mass media on public confidence in the police Retrieved from: [publisher's website]
- Hohl, K. (2009). Beyond the average case: The mean focus fallacy of standard linear regression, and the use of quantile regression for the social sciences Retrieved from: [publisher's website]