London EC1V 0HB
Merili Pullerits is a Research Assistant on Operation Soteria Bluestone, a Home Office funded academic police collaborative project aiming to transform the policing response to rape and other sexual offences. Her work on the project focuses specifically on the intersection of sexual and domestic violence and abuse.
Merili has held various Research Assistant roles on projects related to violence against women and girls. She has previously worked as a Research Associate in the Violence and Society Centre at City, University of London, and as a Researcher in the Crime and Justice team at the National Centre for Social Research. Merili is also pursuing a PhD at City, where her research project involves using the Crime Survey for England and Wales to examine the implications of varying the conceptualisation of domestic violence and abuse for its profile and quantity.
- PhD Sociology, City, University of London, United Kingdom, Oct 2019
- MSc Criminology and Criminal Justice, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, Jun 2017
- BA Criminology, Durham University, United Kingdom, Jun 2016
- Qualitative Researcher, King's College London, Sep – Oct 2022
- Research Assistant, City, University of London, Apr 2022 – present
- Research Assistant, Durham University, Jan 2022 – present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, City, University of London, Oct 2021 – present
- Research Associate, City, University of London, Jul 2019 – Sep 2021
- Researcher, NatCen Social Research, Oct 2017 – Jun 2019
Publications by category
- Walby, S., Bell, P., Bowstead, J., Feder, G., Fraser, A., Herbert, A. … Verrall, R. (2020). Study on the economic, social and human costs of trafficking in human beings within the EU. Luxembourg: European Commission. ISBN 978-92-76-21349-9.
- Sharrock, S., Kerr, J., Pullerits, M., Roberts, E. and Sierpe, A. (2020). Evaluation of the National Child Protection Inspection programme on policing. HMICFRS.
- Roberts, E., Sharrock, S., Pullerits, M., Barnard, M. and Turley, C. (2020). The reform prisons pilot: Research report on lessons learnt. Ministry of Justice.
- Pullerits, M., Piggott, H., Turley, C., DeMarco, J., Ghezelayagh, S., Tann, J. … Wedlake-James, T. (2020). Successes and challenges of delivering hate crime community projects. Home Office.
- Pullerits, M., Turley, C., Gates, S. and DeMarco, J. (2019). Public Perceptions of Extremism: Interim summary report. Commission for Countering Extremism.
- Kerr, J., Roberts, E., Davies, M. and Pullerits, M. (2019). Process evaluation of the Global Positioning System (GPS) Electronic Monitoring Pilot: Qualitative findings. Ministry of Justice.
- Bury, J., Pullerits, M., Edwards, S., Davies, C. and DeMarco, J. (2018). Enhancing Diversity in Policing. NatCen Social Research.
- Sharrock, S., Pullerits, M., Piggott, H., Edwards, S. and DeMarco, J. (2018). The experiences of victims of hate crime. NatCen Social Research.