Plus Minus:Contexualising musical sound
- 30 October 2012
- 19:00 - 20:30
- Performance Space, St John Street, London EC1V 4PB, United Kingdom
- City University London Concert Series
- Event Type:
- Open to:
- Admission Price:
- Free to attend, please book a place
- Event Created:
- 2012-09-28 11:28:07
- Event Details:
- This concert explores the variety of methods used to create and contexualise musical sound. Whether by inventing new techniques on the cello and piano, by using the voice or extra objects, or by harnessing environmental sounds, such innovations change the way we listen to music.
Mauro Lanza - La bataille de Caresme et de Charnage for cello and piano (2012)
Rebecca Saunders - study - work in progress for solo cello (2012)
Andrew R Noble - you and me and the market makes three for solo cello (2012)
Nicolaus A Huber - Beds and Brackets for solo piano (1990)
Bernd Alois Zimmermann - Intercomunicazione for cello and piano (1967)
Séverine Ballon, cello
Mark Knoop, piano
+/- is an Anglo/Belgium octet committed to presenting new work alongside landmark modern repertoire.
Formed in 2003 by Joanna Bailie and Matthew Shlomowitz, +/- is distinguished by its interest in avant-garde, conceptual, and experimental open instrumentation pieces such as Stockhausen's 1963 classic, from which the group takes its name.
- Event title:
- Plus Minus:Contexualising musical sound
Fields marked with a * are required.
Need help with this form? Let us help.
Sorry, this form is not available.