Department of International Politics
Welcome to the Department of International Politics at City University London
Department of International Politics celebrates excellent results in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
The Department is celebrating the confirmation of our status as an internationally excellent research-led teaching department. The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 rated 57% of our research as either 'world leading' (4* - 17%) or 'internationally excellent' (3* - 40%). Our 4* research outputs place us at 23rd position out of 56 departments and units evaluated in REF2014, ahead of many well-established departments, an excellent result. Our research environment is improving rapidly as is the impact of our research in policymaking and the media. This is the Department's first REF since we were formed just 7 years ago and represents a very solid foundation for the future.
Why study with us?
- We are a well established department with a cohort of leading academics in the field of International Politics
- A high proportion of our graduates go on to further study or employment in leading institutions across the globe
- We have particular strength in three core areas of research in international relations: International Political Economy, Foreign Policy and Diplomacy and International Social and Political Justice
- The Department of International Politics is ranked 22nd in the UK and 4th in London according to the Guardian University Guide 2015. We also recorded an overall satisfaction score of 91% in the latest National Student Survey, obtaining equally high results for satisfaction for our teaching.
- Our central London location gives our students the ideal base for study of politics in an international setting and our department currently houses students from over 60 countries worldwide
- We offer undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees in International Politics.
Watch a film with Professor Rosemary Hollis
Professor Rosemary Hollis is Professor of International Politics and Director of the Olive Tree Programme.
Postgraduate Scholarships 2015/16
There are a large number of scholarship opportunities available for UK/EU and international students looking to study postgraduate courses in the School of Arts & Social Sciences starting in September 2015. These will be made available as fee waivers worth up to £2,000 and apply to a range of courses across our seven academic Departments.