Student administration
  1. Student Charter: We are City
  2. New students
  3. Registration
  4. ID cards
  5. Term dates
  6. Exams
  7. If Things Go Wrong
  8. Transcripts
  9. Replacement certificates
  10. Programme legacy
  11. Fees & finance
  12. Update your record
  13. Visas
  14. Student Survey
  15. WOW! Awards
  16. HESA Student Data Collection Notice
Student administration

Replacement certificates

Replacement Certificates

We do not keep copies of certificates, but if you do need a replacement certificate we can produce one for you. Please note that only one hard copy of your certificate can be in existence at any one time, and a replacement will only be issued in the event that the original certificate has been lost, stolen or destroyed. You can order your replacement online here.

We aim to post replacement certificates within 5 working days of receipt of your request.

You should note that this certificate is not a transcript; if you need a transcript, you should contact your School Office.

Please note that if you are requesting a certificate for a module you completed as part of your studies at the School of Health Sciences, you should contact your department.  Contact details can be found here.

Changes to Degree Certificates following City joining the University of London

On the 1st September 2016, City University joined the University of London and is now known as City, University of London.  Degree certificates must show the name of the institution at the time that the degree was awarded, however, so if you were awarded prior to that date then you cannot request a replacement degree certificate showing the new name. Only students awarded on or after the 1st September 2016 can be a given a degree certificate with the name 'City, University of London'.

Please note that the award date refers to when your degree was officially agreed and conferred, not the date of your graduation ceremony or any other date.

For information purposes we have provided a letter that explains the change of name.

Certified photocopies of Certificates

We can authenticate photocopies of certificates for you. Please send us the copies of your certificate (we don't need to see the original) and we will stamp them to confirm that they are true copies of an original document, and sign them on behalf of the Academic Registrar. There is no charge for this service. Please send your copies, with a covering letter, to The Registry, City, University of London, Northampton Square, London EC1V 0HB. Alternatively you may scan and email your original certificate to us at, and we will produce an authenticated copy for you.