The institute for cyber security (ICS) was established in March 2019 to bring together the world class cyber security education, research and innovation that was carried out across the City, University of London.
We look forward to interacting and working with you in tackling the global challenges in privacy, trust and security.
Our vision for the ICS is to be a trusted hub for protecting the megacities from cyber-attacks. This will be done by implementing a comprehensive plan and by promoting an environment in which the general public, private industry and government can work together to address those cybersecurity issues specific to the megacity’s digital infrastructures.
Our goals are to:
- Work closely with the industry and government to train the next generation of cyber security professionals
- To understand the main industry cyber security problems and provide innovative cutting edge solutions
- To provide policy guidance in cyber security and privacy
- Work collaboratively with industry and government partners to translate innovative research into successful start-up.
- Socio-technical systems
- Secure software engineering
- Cyber physical systems security
- Fintec Security
- Cyber warfare
- Cyber law
- Professor Muttukrishnan Rajarajan
- Professor George Spanoudakis
- Dr Ilir Gashi
- Dr. Peter Popov
- Professor Tom Chen
- Dr. Nikos Komninos