Mathematics is a discipline with applications in almost every part of life.
Virtually all industries need graduates with mathematical skills – from finance and business, to research and retail.
With courses available at every level from foundation to research degrees, City offers teaching excellence at all levels of study.
Our undergraduate Mathematics Degree courses are carried out in conjunction with a range of other departments, producing a truly interdisciplinary approach to the subject of maths. We give our students options to develop their knowledge in areas such as finance, economics, data science and actuarial science.
Explore our mathematics courses
Capable mathematicians are highly valued by employers of all kinds, from the civil service and government agencies to financial companies, global corporations and public utilities.
Our location close to The City’s financial district offers excellent work experience and potential career opportunities with leading international banks, insurance houses, corporate finance, accounting consultancies and the Stock Exchange. Many of our graduates start and develop their professional careers in The City.
Mathematics-based degrees at City help students gain valuable skills like knowledge of advanced mathematics, problem-solving and communication skills, opening up potential careers as accountants, investment bankers, data analysts and many other roles
Why study Mathematics at City?
Located in the heart of London’s vibrant financial district and on the doorstep of Tech City. City’s campus provides excellent work experience opportunities for all students.
All lectures and tutorials are taught in a stimulating learning environment, supported through PC-based laboratory sessions.
Study and collaborative space for School of Science & Technology students and staff
- Mathematics BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Financial Mathematics MSc Postgraduate taught degree
- Mathematics MSci (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Mathematical Trading and Finance MSc Postgraduate taught degree
- Mathematics PhD/MPhil Postgraduate research degree
- Mathematics with Data Science BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Mathematics and Finance BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Mathematics with Data Science MSci (Hons) Undergraduate degree
- Mathematics Foundation Foundation course
- Mathematics with Finance and Economics BSc (Hons) Undergraduate degree