The Walcot Foundation offers grants to low-income Lambeth residents to assist with the costs of undertaking education and training with a strong likelihood of leading to work.
Grants of up to £1,500 are available for course related expenses (for example books, equipment, travel costs) and up to £4,000 towards the cost of childcare (for children aged 3 and over).
In order to be eligible for a grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- You musy have lived in Lambeth for at least one year
- You must live in a low-income household (receiving income-based benefits or working and receiving a very low wage)
- You must be aged 18 or over (for college or sixth form students; applications can be accepted from individuals who are 17 if applying for a grant for the academic year in which they turn 18).
In addition, any one of the following circumstances should apply:
- You are studying (or planning to study) towards a first degree or vocational qualification that has a strong likelihood of leading to employment (we cannot fund individuals who already have a degree or vocational qualification at NVQ level 4 or equivalent)
- You have been out of work for much of the last five years and not gained a degree or NVQ-4 (or equivalent) vocational qualification in the last 10 years
- You are in low paid work (receiving working tax credit), but want to boost your chances of finding better paid employment by undertaking qualifications/training courses.
How to apply
Please visit the Walcot Foundation website to find out more and to make an application online.