This is a merit-based scholarship for applicants to City's postgraduate Engineering degrees. It is automatically offered to applicants with an undergraduate degree in Engineering from City, University of London.
If you accept a place on any of our engineering master's degrees, you will be awarded a scholarship according to the degree classification you attain in your undergraduate degree:
- First Class Honours: you will receive a scholarship equal to 35% of your fees
- Upper-second Class Honours: you will receive a scholarship equal to 30% of your fees
- Lower-second Class Honours: you will receive a scholarship equal to 25% of your fees.
The City Star Scholarship will be awarded automatically once you have accepted an offer of a place on one of our engineering programmes and your degree results have been confirmed. There is no need to apply separately.
Terms and conditions
The City Star Scholarship will take the form of a fee waiver applied against the last payable instalment in any academic year. The level of scholarship is determined by the degree classification obtained by the student in their undergraduate programme of study.
The scholarship is only open to engineering undergraduate students from City, University of London taking one of the following master’s engineering programme at City, University of London:
- MSc Advanced Mechanical Engineering
- MSc Air Safety Management
- MSc Air Transport Management
- MSc Aircraft Maintenance Management
- MSc Airport Management
- MSc Biomedical Engineering with Data Analytics
- MSc Civil Engineering Structures
- MSc Construction Management
- MSc Energy & Environmental Technology & Economics
- MSc Maritime Operations & Management
- MSc Project Management, Finance & Risk
- MSc Renewable Energy & Power Systems Management
- MSc Robotics, AI and Autonomous Systems
- MSc Temporary Works and Construction Method Engineering.
The scholarship cannot be transferred to a different course in the institution to the one applied for with the exception of another course listed above.
The scholarship cannot be applied to a fourth year MEng programme.
Students repeating a postgraduate course at City, University of London will not be eligible for a scholarship (any students granted mitigating circumstances by the Institution will be considered on an individual basis).
Students taking up a City Star Scholarship are not eligible to receive either the City, University of London Graduate Loyalty Bursary or the separate Engineering Scholarship for UK/EU or international students.