Conclude your beginners knowledge of Korean with part 3 of our enjoyable and interactive beginners course. Gain confidence and expand your grammar and vocabulary.
No starting dates
Starting date to be confirmed
- Duration: 10 weeks (unconfirmed)
- Fees: £245 (unconfirmed)
- Location: Online (unconfirmed)
Korean Beginners Part 3 Course overview
Our third and final beginners module, part 3, will develop your conversational skills to include expressing feelings and describing travel experiences. You’ll be introduced to the irregular verbs ㅂand ㄷ and build knowledge of Korean adjectives.
Each week you’ll participate in a range of activities and exercises to develop your understanding of Korean language and popular culture.
Who is it for?
Some experience of learning Korean is needed to enrol onto part 3 (roughly 40 hours of formal study). It is perfect if you have completed part 2 of the beginners course or equivalent. See the eligibility section for more details.
Find out more about our Korean courses
This course takes place one evening a week at 18:30 for 10 weeks.
- Complete your beginners knowledge in just 10 weeks
- Delivered by qualified Korean tutors
- Interactive and intuitive teaching methods.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will be able to
- talk about the weather and seasons
- describe the weather in your hometown
- make suggestions about leisure activities
- express feelings
- talk about travel experiences.
- connective ending for “but’”지만
- ㅂirregular verb
- formal style of verb 습니다
- suggestions with 을까요?
- exclamations with 네요
- ㄷirregular verb.
Assessment and certificates
You will be awarded an official City, University of London certificate on completion of the course if you attend over 70 per cent of the classes. The course is not formally accredited.
Classroom activities during this evening course will include:
- pair, group work and role-play
- classroom discussion
- pronunciation and intonation
- grammar in context.
Weekly homework will be set to help you practise and consolidate what you have learned in class.
If you are looking to join this course, you should have already studied for around 40 hours.
This course is the right level for you if you can:
- describe and talk about places
- ask and answer questions about destinations and location
- tell the dates and days of the week
- talk about weekly activities and past experiences
- understand a little about location words and the direction marker 에.
You will need a good level of spoken and written English to enrol on this course.