The halls of residence at Cross Court House is provided to first year City, University of London first year undergraduate students exclusively by Unite Students, a third party housing provider.
Cross Court House offers the following:
- Single en-suite rooms with shared kitchens and common areas exclusively to City students
- Rooms are approximately 12 m2, with four feet double beds
- All single en-suite rooms are fully fitted to a high standard and include an 3-4 m2 en-suite bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin plus separate telephone and data points for high-speed Internet access
- Bedroom furniture includes bed, mattress, wardrobe, desk, chair and bedside cabinet
- Kitchens are 14- 25 m2 and include dining table and chairs, electric ovens and four-ring hob/extractor fan, fridge freezer and microwave, shared between three to ten students
- Accommodation for students with mobility support needs is available
- Approximately 10 minutes' walk from City's main building at Northampton Square.
In addition, all halls have the following features:
- Non smoking
- On-site management and staffed reception during business hours
- 24-hour CCTV in operation and security guard on duty out of hours
- Free 50 mb/s Wifi
- Laundry facilities available on site.
- Bicycle Storage.
We are currently witnessing a rise in residential developments and associated building works in the local area. We anticipate that there will be some noise pollution over the year and recommend any prospective residents take note of this.
Cross Court House
The following are included in the cost of the rent:
- Utility bills (water, electricity, heating)
- Internet access provided by Ask4
- Contents insurance with Endsleigh Insurance.
Not included in the cost of the rent are:
- Telephone bill
- TV licence (the TV Licensing website has information on if you need a license and how to obtain one)
- Bedding (sheets, pillow, duvet etc.)
- Cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery in kitchens
- All halls of residence are self-catered, therefore you are responsible for buying and preparing your own food.
Single en suite
The following are the costs for 2022/23.
- Start of contract: 24 September 2022
- End of contract: 24 June 2023
- Rent: £232 per week
The following are the costs for 2023/24*.
- Start of contract: 23 September 2023
- End of contract: 22 June 2024
- Rent: £250 per week
*These rent prices are subject to changes and should be used as a general guide. Final rent prices will be confirmed shortly.
Cross Court House is on 29 Graham Street, London, N1 8LA.
The hall is situated in the City Road Basin in the area of Islington and Clerkenwell.
You won't need travel far for food, drink or other necessities. As a central accommodation provider in London, Cross Court House lies close to grocery stores, post offices, stationery shops and more.
You will also find the many restaurants, bars and clubs of Upper Street and Shoreditch a short walk away.
The area is well served by bus routes, with a major bus interchange located near Angel Underground station.
Terms and conditions and further information
Students who are offered accommodation at Cross Court House will sign an agreement with Unite Students and not with City, University of London and will therefore be bound by Unite Students's terms and conditions of residence.