Dr Stefano Sgambati
- Dr Stefano Sgambati
- +44 (0)20 7040 0467
Dr Stefano Sgambati joined City, University of London in September 2016. His research questions theories, histories and politics of money and banking, with specific reference to current transformations in global finance.
- PhD Sociology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
- MSc Globalisation & Development, School of Oriental and African Studies, London, United Kingdom
- BA Sociology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Monetary Theory and History
History of Social and Economic Thought
Political Economy of Debt Finance
Theory and Practice of Modern Banking
History of Leverage and Securitisation
- Sgambati, S. (2019). The art of leverage: a study of bank power, money-making and debt finance. Review of International Political Economy pp. 1–26. doi:10.1080/09692290.2018.1512514.
- Sgambati, S. (2016). Rethinking banking. Debt discounting and the making of modern money as liquidity. New Political Economy, 21(3), pp. 274–290. doi:10.1080/13563467.2016.1113946.
- Sgambati, S. (2015). The Significance of Money Beyond Ingham's Sociology of Money. European Journal of Sociology, 56(2), pp. 307–339. doi:10.1017/S0003975615000144.
IP1016 - Introduction to Political Economy
IP3016 - Current Topics in Global Political Economy
IP2020 - Advanced Theories of Global Politics
IP2021 - Scholarly Writing for International Politics
IP1017 - The Making of the Modern World Economy
IPM106 - Political Economy of Global Finance