Dr Jafar Al Zaili
- Dr Jafar Al Zaili
- +44 (0)20 7040 8623
Dr Alzaili obtained BSc in Mechanical Engineering from Sharif university of Technology on 1999, MSc in Aerospace Propulsion from the same university in 2002 and PhD from Cranfield University in 2012 funded by EXTICE an EU FP7 project to study extreme aircraft icing conditions for both airframes and the engines. His thesis title was “Semi-‐Empirical Approach to Characterize Thin Water Film Behaviour in Relation to Droplet Splashing in Modelling Aircraft Icing”. His doctoral programme involved a range of research activities from experimental study of thin water film and droplet dynamic in relation to splashing process, to theoretical modelling and numerical simulation of water film dynamic and splashing process. His MSc thesis was on “Numerical Simulation of Turbulent Compressible Flow using Unstructured Adaptive Grids”. The outcome of the work was implemented to develop a commercial CFD software.
Dr Alzaili has worked in several engineering position as design engineer, consultant, R&D engineer and project manager. Most recently he was leading a team of engineers to develop a small scale Micro Gas Turbine for domestic CHP application.
- PhD Aircraft Icing Simulation, Cranfield University, United Kingdom, 2012
- MSc Aerospace Propulsion, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 2001
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 1999
- Alzaili, J. and Hammond, D. (2011). Experimental Investigation of Thin Water Film Stability and Its Characteristics in SLD Icing Problem. SAE 2011 International Conference on Aircraft and Engine Icing and Ground Deicing.
- Al-Zaili, J.A. (2007). Performance Enhancement of Low Mach and Reynolds Compressible Microflow Solver. 9th US National Congress on Computational Mechanics.
- Alzaili, J. and Mazaheri, K. (2006). Bulk Viscosity Damping for Accelerating Convergence of Compressible Viscous Flow Solvers. European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Alzaili, J. and Mazaheri, K. (2002). Effect of Adaptation on Numerical Solution of Viscous Compressible Turbulent Flow. The 9th Asian Congress of Fluid Mechanics.
- Alzaili, J. Semi-‐Empirical Approach To Characterize Thin Water Film Behaviour In Relation To Droplet Splashing In Modelling Aircraft Icing. (PhD Thesis)
- Alzaili, J. Numerical Solution of Turbulent Compressible Flow using Unstructured Adaptive Grids. (Master's Thesis)