- George Negas
- +44 (0)20 7040 0173
George Negas is a lecturer in broadcast, social and digital journalism, working primarily for the MA Broadcast Journalism and MA Television Journalism courses.
George's teaching mainly focuses on video editing for TV, social/digital newsgathering and verification, writing for digital and packaging video for social media. Techniques used during teaching have been praised by many visiting editors from the media industry and the Broadcast Journalism Traning Council (BJTC).
He is also a freelance journalist, currently working as a Picture Supervisor and Trainer at the video division of the Reuters News Agency and as a Deputy Foreign News Editor and Output Producer at Sky News.
Previously, he worked for The Associated Press news agency in a variety of roles, including intake editor, social media editor, live editor, field video journalist and senior output producer.
He has been involved in the coverage of many major breaking news stories, including the terrorist attacks in Westminster, London Bridge and Finsbury Park, the EU referendum and Greece's deadliest wildfires.
A native Greek, George has also worked for the country’s public broadcaster, ERT, and was involved in employee-organised, EBU-supported broadcasts in 2013, when the then-government shut the broadcaster down overnight.
He also freelances as a video editor, trainer and media consultant. Clients include the European Union, ITN Productions, and maritime newspaper Lloyd’s List publisher, Informa group.
George is a member of the Royal Television Society.
- MA Television Journalism, City University London, London, United Kingdom, 2015
- BA Broadcast Journalism, University of Bedfordshire, Luton, United Kingdom, 2013
- Deputy Foreign News Editor, Sky News, Jun 2019 – present
- Picture Supervisor, Video News, Reuters News Agency, Feb 2019 – present
- Lecturer, City, University of London, Sep 2017 – present
- Producer and Editor, The Associated Press, Jun 2016 – Jan 2019
- Visiting Lecturer, City, University of London, Jan 2016 – Jul 2017
- Media Consultant and Trainer, Various, Jan 2010 – present
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Greek, Modern (1453-) (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review).
- Europe - Southeast
- Europe - Southern