Unitemps offers students and recent graduates the chance to gain paid employment both at City and externally.
Unitemps is City, University of London’s onsite temporary Recruitment Agency. We offer roles at all levels, helping students, graduates and external candidates find temporary, permanent and paid internship roles both onsite at the University and externally with businesses in and around central London.
Key figures from Academic Year 2016/17
- £2.2m processed through payroll, of which £1.6m was paid to City students and graduates
- Over 4000 jobs and over 10000 timesheets processed
- Over 1,200 candidates who worked through Unitemps
- Over 138,000 hours worked by City students and graduates
Benefits of using Unitemps
- We provide, part time, full time and 0 hour temporary roles, enabling candidates to choose the hours they would like to work
- Gain transferable skills and experience and leave university with fully rounded CV and Cover letter
- CV and cover letter advice
- Candidates will have the opportunity to network with fellow students and staff and in external workplaces
- Understanding of how the workplace works
How to sign up
- Go to www.unitemps.com and select 'City' as the branch you would like to search for job.
- Click 'Register with Unitemps' to create your online record and upload your CV. Make sure you select City as your branch in order to receive email notifications of all job opportunities we offer
- If you're interested in a job and meet all the requirements, please attach a cover letter and your CV
- Our Unitemps team will contact you if you have been selected for an interview. You can track the progress of your application in your Unitemps account.
Your first assignment with Unitemps / eligibility to work check
If your application is successful you will need to complete an Eligibility to work check before you start your first assignment. This will involve visiting the Unitemps front desk with the following documents:
- Your bank details
- Your National Insurance number (Please check the government website for more information if you do not have a NI number.
- Documents to prove your eligibility to work in the UK (A full list can be found on our website here).
- Tier 4 Students- If you are a Tier 4 student then you will also need to bring along proof of your term dates. Please speak to your Course Office and request a Right to work/ Proof of term dates letter.
Unitemps of the Year Awards 2018
We would like to say a massive thank you to all those who attended our second Unitemps of the Year Awards at City on Thursday 12th April 2018. We celebrated and rewarded the hard work, dedication and outstanding contributions that temps and hiring managers have made over the past year.
Unitemps (City) are proud of all the individuals that we have placed in roles and of all the managers who go the extra mile to develop their temps.
We would like to congratulate all nominees and winners this year!
Unitemps of the Year Awards 2018 Nominees and Winners
Nominees: Bojan Nikolic; Sophen Tew; Paul Richards; Jacqueline Hind
Shortlist: Sophen Tew; Paul Richards
Winner: Sophen Tew
Hiring Manager Award
Nominees: Katharine Knight; Marius Stancu; Jason Barlow; Joe Thuraisamy; Marilyn Parris-Bell; Miles Battye; Ben Copsey; Thalia Anagnostopoulou; Russell Best; Leanne Allen
Shortlist:; Leanne Allen; Ben Copsey; Marilyn Parris-Bell
Joint Winners: Leanne Allen and Ben Copsey
External Temp Award
Nominees: Jack Fargher; Eleanor Gill; Wei Qiang Lim
Shortlist: Wei Qiang Lim; Eleanor Gill
Winner: Eleanor Gill
Student Ambassador Award
Nominees: Bhavik Patel; Anne Marie Schofield; Charlotte Erin Bird; Homaira Rahimi; Menka Shah; Thomas Robert Edward Kell; Tommaso Ciani Sciolla; Maria Chiara De Vito; Godswill Udo; Birsem Tilki; Heena Kapoor; Jasmine Sookprechar; Danisha Mudalige; Rebeca Torres; Tanzyla Khan Tareen; Dillon Thompson; Yi Jiun Tan; Olivia Mante; Syeda Sadia Khatun Choudhury; Haneefa Yousaf; Marie Wemme; Ali Ahdash; Arjun Sarai; Magdalena Farynska; Zonaah Tariq
Honourable mentions: Jasmine Sookprechar; Syeda Sadia Khatun Choudhury; Anne Marie Schofield; Rebeca Torres; Maria Chiara De Vito
Shortlist: Birsem Tilki; Charlotte Erin Bird; Tanzyla Khan Tareen
Winner: Tanzyla Khan Tareen
Unitemp of the Year Award
Nominees: Ana Lanchin; Sathya Mathivanan; Ernestina Palm; Abigail Hardiman; Thomas Alcock; Leanne Allen; Maria Parvez; Saddam Miah; Selin Keskin; Glens Andersons; Carolina Are; Marwa Sharif; Mustapha El Bouabi; Devlin Nangpal; Homaira Rahimi; Chantal Gyamfi
Shortlist: Ernestina Palm; Selin Keskin; Carolina Are
Winner: Ernestina Palm
Thank you so much for giving me the award of Unitemp of the Year 2018. I am so grateful.
I would like to thank Unitemps as my employer and giving me the opportunity to work with them. Not only were Unitemps my employer but also my sponsors; helping me to fund my studies.
I would like to thank everyone that I have ever worked with and everyone I have worked for, as you have all given me great memories and helped me to build my character.
For everyone who has worked through Unitemps, this just goes to show how much hard work is still relevant. Always just give your best and push forward. No matter what you are going through there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep pushing and your hard work will pave way for you!
- Ernestina Palm, Unitemp of the Year 2018
We look forward to next year’s celebration!
Unitemps (City branch) attended the Unitemps Annual 2 day conference on Thursday 13th July at the Scarman Conference Centre at the University of Warwick.
Attending the conference was a great opportunity to: reflect on the latest developments across the network, attend various training sessions and celebrate Unitemps achievements over the past 20 years.
The Awards evening and meal closed out the first day of the conference and the Unitemps, City team came back with the following:
Newcomer of the Year:
Kay Shah (Branch Manager at City)
City, University of London reached £10m turnover since opening in 2012