Unitemps offers students and recent graduates the chance to gain paid employment both at City and externally.
Unitemps is City, University of London’s onsite temporary Recruitment Agency. We offer roles at all levels, helping students, graduates and external candidates find temporary, permanent and paid internship roles both onsite at the University and externally with businesses in and around central London.
Key Stats from Academic Year 2016/17
- £2.2m processed through payroll, of which £1.6m was paid to City students and graduates
- Over 4000 jobs and over 10000 timesheets processed
- Over 1,200 candidates who worked through Unitemps
- Over 138,000 hours worked by City students and graduates
Benefits of using Unitemps
- We provide, part time, full time and 0 hour temporary roles, enabling candidates to choose the hours they would like to work
- Gain transferable skills and experience and leave university with fully rounded CV and Cover letter
- CV and cover letter advice
- Candidates will have the opportunity to network with fellow students and staff and in external workplaces
- Understanding of how the workplace works
How to Sign Up
- Go to www.unitemps.com and select 'City' as the branch you would like to search for job.
- Click 'Register with Unitemps' to create your online record and upload your CV. Make sure you select City as your branch in order to receive email notifications of all job opportunities we offer
- If you're interested in a job and meet all the requirements, please attach a cover letter and your CV
- Our Unitemps team will contact you if you have been selected for an interview. You can track the progress of your application in your Unitemps account.
Your first assignment with Unitemps/ Eligibility to work check
If your application is successful you will need to complete an Eligibility to work check before you start your first assignment. This will involve visiting the Unitemps front desk with the following documents:
- Your bank details
- Your National Insurance number (Please check the government website for more information if you do not have a NI number.
- Documents to prove your eligibility to work in the UK (A full list can be found on our website here).
- Tier 4 Students- If you are a Tier 4 student then you will also need to bring along proof of your term dates. Please speak to your Course Office and request a Right to work/ Proof of term dates letter.
Unitemps of the Year Awards 2017
Unitemps at City, University of London launched in 2012 and since then we have seen a high number of hardworking, bright, talented, professional and committed candidates work in various roles around the University as well as externally through Unitemps. We have also had the pleasure of working closely with various departments and hiring managers who have been very supportive of the Unitemps Service.
On Wednesday 07th June 2017 we held our first ever Unitemps of the Year Awards at City; where we celebrated and rewarded the hard work and support that we have seen over the past year.
We look forward to future celebrations of the service, temps and hiring managers!
Unitemps of The Year Awards – Winner’s Testimonial
“During my time as a student at City, University of London Unitemps has played a crucial role in my career development as it helped me discover and benefit from interesting and exciting work opportunities. As a result I expanded my network of contacts, gained valuable skills and supported myself financially as a student. After I spend almost 3 years working for City via Unitemps as a student ambassador working for a number of departments, I managed to secure a permanent position in Marketing and Communications. The opportunity I had to improve my skills and explore different aspects of the University are helping me tremendously in the full-time position I am right now.
Registering with Unitemps is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I could not recommend enough to all City students and external candidates. Being presented with the Unitemp of the Year award is a great honour and a positive recognition for my commitment and hard work throughout the years. I am very grateful for the all the support that I received from my previous hiring managers and the Unitemps team without whom I would not be where I am today.”
Zhuliyana Boyanova (BA, Journalism)
Unitemps (City branch) attended the Unitemps Annual 2 day conference on Thursday 13th July at the Scarman Conference Centre at the University of Warwick.
Attending the conference was a great opportunity to: reflect on the latest developments across the network, attend various training sessions and celebrate Unitemps achievements over the past 20 years.
The Awards evening and meal closed out the first day of the conference and the Unitemps, City team came back with the following:
Newcomer of the Year:
Kay Shah (Branch Manager at City)
City, University of London reached £10m turnover since opening in 2012