Working at City
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, motivated academic or professional staff who share our commitment to academic excellence and are keen to play a role in City's future achievements.
Why work for City?
City, University of London is a leading international higher education institution committed to academic excellence, focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London.
Generous pay and benefits
At City, University of London we believe in recognising our employees for the contribution they make. That is why we have competitive salaries within an incremental pay structure that enable you to feel rewarded.
In return for working at City, you will receive a range of benefits as part of the employment package. The core benefits include a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days as well as institution specific schemes that can enhance maternity, paternity and adoption leave entitlements.
- Generous annual leave of 30 days plus university closure days and Bank Holidays
- Excellent pension schemes
- Training: Range of staff development activities
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers and cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Flexible working and activity-based working
- Interest-free season ticket loan and a range of staff discounts and offers
Extensive development and training opportunities
At City, University of London we recognise the value of our staff. The recruitment, retention and development of high calibre, appropriately qualified, enthusiastic and motivated people who are committed to contributing to City's success is key to the future of the institution.
We provide a wide range of development and training opportunities, designed to meet the needs of all categories of staff. Our aim is to equip our staff to carry out their role to a high standard and to take on new responsibilities when the opportunity occurs, whether within the same job or if moving into a new position.
- Teaching and learning development
- Researcher development
- Leadership development
- Meeting the needs of staff new to City
- Skills training to meet particular role requirements
- Access to City evening courses at a discount.
Excellent facilities for staff
We have a range of facilities available to our employees, which help to enhance and support the enjoyment of working at City. We want all of our employees to experience an excellent quality of life and believe in providing facilities that help support this aim.
- City Library; access large printed collections covering a range of disciplines, substantial electronic resources and a wide range of flexible services delivered through five site libraries
- Free seminars and concert series as well as evening and weekend courses at a discounted rate
- Wellbeing including occupational health and staff counselling services.
A vibrant community
City, University of London is a leading international higher education institution committed to academic excellence, focused on business and the professions and located in the heart of London. Our working environment encourages equality, diversity and inclusion with many staff networks including:
We are in the top 10 ranked UK universities for three areas: Ophthalmics (Optometry) , Aural and Oral Sciences (Speech and Language Therapy; Language and Communication Sciences (non-clinical) and Speech and Language Science) and Communication and Media Studies (Journalism and Media Communication and Sociology) according to The Complete University Guide 2018.
The results of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 show that 75.7% of City's submission to the REF was rated as being of world leading 4* (23.3%) and internationally excellent 3* (52.4%) quality. City's performance is now at the sector average and a marked increase compared to the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) in 2008 when 51% of research at City was rated as 4* (15%) and 3* (36%).
University of London
City joined the University of London (UoL) on 1st September 2016. For our staff and students, membership will improve their experience of working and studying at City.