The LLM at The City Law School can be tailored to your career aspirations. You can either
- Complete the general LLM (Master of Laws) by choosing and completing modules (each module carries 30 credits) constituting a total of 180 credits, including a dissertation of either 30 or 60 credits; or
- Obtain one of the specialist LLMs by achieving a total of 180 credits through taking at least 60 credits and the dissertation (either the 30 credit dissertation or 60 credit dissertation) in the relevant defined specialist area of law:
- Discover the Master of Laws Read full course details of our highly flexible Master of Laws that allows you to select modules across all different areas of specialism according to your own preference.
Our specialist LLMs cover a range of different areas of Law:
- Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Criminal Litigation
- International Banking and Finance Law
- International Commercial Law
- International Human Rights
- Maritime Law
- Public International Law
All LLM applications are assessed for the general Master of Laws programme. Once you receive an offer to study the LLM, you can choose your particular specialisation at the time of accepting the offer.
Prepare for the New York or California Bar during your LLM
During your LLM year at City you may enrol in an additional, non-credit course to prepare you for taking the New York or California Bar exams, which are increasingly popular options for those seeking to practice internationally or to work at a US firm in the UK.
This course covers foundational aspects of US law and is offered by BARBRI, the leading provider of US Bar Exam training. LLM students choosing to take the US Bar Foundations course will receive a 10% discount on their BARBRI fees.
The City Master of Laws – internationally renowned as one of the best London universities for law
LLM International Business Law (distance learning)
Enhance your career prospects and build a specialist knowledge base in key areas of law relevant to international business with our flexibly designed, part-time LLM. Your learning on the LLM International Business Law will take place entirely online and emphasise the practical and problem-solving aspects of law.