- Georganas, S., Laliotis, I. and Velias, A. (2022). The best is yet to come: The impact of retirement on prosocial behavior. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 196, pp. 589–615. doi:10.1016/j.jebo.2022.02.019.
- Velias, A., Georganas, S. and Vandoros, S. (2021). COVID-19: Early evening curfews and mobility. Social Science & Medicine, 292, pp. 114538–114538. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2021.114538.
- Garratt, R. and Georganas, S. (2021). Auctions with speculators: An experimental study. Games and Economic Behavior, 128, pp. 256–270. doi:10.1016/j.geb.2021.03.004.
- Georganas, S., Levin, D. and McGee, P. (2017). Optimistic irrationality and overbidding in private value auctions. Experimental Economics, 20, pp. 772–792. doi:10.1007/s10683-017-9510-y.
- Georganas, S., Healy, P.J. and Weber, R.A. (2015). On the persistence of strategic sophistication. Journal of Economic Theory, 159, pp. 369–400. doi:10.1016/j.jet.2015.07.012.
- Georganas, S., Tonin, M. and Vlassopoulos, M. (2015). Peer pressure and productivity: The role of observing and being observed. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 117, pp. 223–232. doi:10.1016/j.jebo.2015.06.014.
- Georganas, S., Healy, P.J. and Li, N. (2014). Frequency bias in consumers׳ perceptions of inflation: An experimental study. European Economic Review, 67, pp. 144–158. doi:10.1016/j.euroecorev.2014.01.014.
- Christiansen, N., Georganas, S. and Kagel, J.H. (2014). Coalition Formation in a Legislative Voting Game. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 6(1), pp. 182–204. doi:10.1257/mic.6.1.182.
- Georganas, S. (2011). English auctions with resale: An experimental study. Games and Economic Behavior, 73(1), pp. 147–166.
- Georganas, S. and Kagel, J. (2011). Asymmetric auctions with resale: An experimental study. Journal of Economic Theory, 146(1), pp. 359–371.
- Georganas, S. and Nagel, R. (2011). Auctions with toeholds:An experimental study of company takeover. International Journal of Industrial Organization, 29(1), pp. 34–45.
London EC1V 0HB
My primary area of research up to now has been in auction experiments, models of bounded rationality and applied game theory.
In general I am interested in many, quite diverse areas of economics, ranging from experimental economics, game theory and bounded rationality to political economy, urban economics and trade.
- PhD, University of Bonn, Germany
My primary area of research until now has has been in auction experiments, models of bounded rationality and applied game theory.
- Lazaros-Antonios Chatzilazarou, Research Student
Publications by category
Internet publications (2)
- Georganas, S., Maniadis, Z., Theodore, A. and Aris, B. (2019). The Expert and The Charlatan: an Experimental Study in Economic Advice.
- Georganas, S. and Michael, Z. (2019). Information Revealing Speculation in Financial Markets and Company Takeovers. self.
Journal articles (11)
- Garratt, R. and Georganas, S. (2018). Speculation in Second Price Auctions with Resale: An Experimental Study. Online