London EC1V 0HB
Sona joined The City Law School in June 2006 as a lecturer on the Legal Practice Course. Her teaching includes Business Law and Practice, Drafting, Media Law & Practice (which she wrote and co-ordinates), and on the LLB, Legal Skills. Sona has a particular interest in privacy and data protection matters. She is also the Co-ordinator of the LPC Mentoring Scheme developing networking opportunities for current and former students and practitioners.
Prior to joining The City Law School, Sona was Staff Attorney at Blockbuster Entertainment Limited from 2002, where she was one of three in house counsel providing legal advice on operational, advertising, consumer and general commercial matters. She was also responsible for providing regular in house training for the Marketing and Operations teams
Sona qualified and practised as a solicitor at Bird & Bird in the Company/Commercial department before joining Blockbuster.
Sona is currently an external examiner for the Legal Practice Course at the University of Wolverhampton,. She was previously an external examiner for the Legal Practice Course at De Montfort University and for the Qualified Lawyers' Transfer Test at the College of Law.
Sona is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a member of the Law Society and also a member of the Institute for Cyber Security at City, University of London.
- LLM International Business Law, London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom, 1994 – 1995
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Law, Kingston University, United Kingdom, 1991 – 1994
- Postgraduate Diploma Legal Practice Course, University of Law, London, United Kingdom, 1995 – 1996
- External Examiner, University of Wolverhampton, Sep 2020 – present
- Clerk to the Board of Governors, Deanesfield Primary School, Sep 2019 – present
Memberships of professional organisations
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy, Oct 2019 – present
- Institute for Cyber Security, City, University of London, Oct 2019 – present
- Law Society of England and Wales, Sep 1999 – present