- Ching, A.T., Imai, S., Ishihara, M. and Jain, N. (2012). A practitioner's guide to Bayesian estimation of discrete choice dynamic programming models. Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 10(2), pp. 151–196. doi:10.1007/s11129-012-9119-6.
- Jain, N. (2011). Entry deterrence and experimentation under demand uncertainty. International Journal of Industrial Organization, 29(4), pp. 464–472. doi:10.1016/j.ijindorg.2010.09.001.
- Jain, N. and Mirman, L.J. (2011). Lender learning and entry under general demand uncertainty. Review of Economic Design, 15(2), pp. 163–175. doi:10.1007/s10058-011-0108-0.
- Imai, S., Jain, N. and Ching, A. (2009). Bayesian estimation of dynamic discrete choice models. Econometrica, 77(6), pp. 1865–1899. doi:10.3982/ECTA5658.
- Jain, N. (2009). Lender learning and entry under demand uncertainty. Economics Bulletin, 29(1), pp. 100–107.
- Heeley, M.B., Matusik, S.F. and Jain, N. (2007). Innovation, Appropriability, And The Underpricing Of Initial Public Offerings. Academy of Management Journal, 50(1), pp. 209–225. doi:10.5465/amj.2007.24162388.
- Jain, N. (2006). Debt, managerial compensation and learning. European Economic Review, 50(2), pp. 377–399. doi:10.1016/j.euroecorev.2004.10.006.
- Jain, N., Jeitschko, T. and Mirman, L. (2005). Entry deterrence under financial intermediation with private information and hidden contracts. Review of Economic Design, 9(3), pp. 203–225.
- Jain, N., Jeitschko, T.D. and Mirman, L.J. (2003). Financial intermediation and entry-deterrence. Economic Theory, 22(4), pp. 793–815.
- Jain, N., Jeitschko, T.D. and Mirman, L.J. (2003). Entry-Deterrence under Agency Constraints. International Journal of Business and Economics, 2(3), pp. 179–195.
- Jain, N., Jeitschko, T.D. and Mirman, L.J. (2002). Strategic Experimentation in Financial Intermediation with Threat of Entry. Annals OR, 114, pp. 203–227.
- Jain, N. and Mirman, L.J. (2002). Effects of insider trading under different market structures. Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 42(1), pp. 19–39.
- Mirman, L.J., Jeitschko, T. and Jain, N. (2001). Financial Intermediation and Entry-Deterrence: A survey. Economics Bulletin, 12(1), pp. 1–13.
- Jain, N. and Mirman, L.J. (2001). Multinational Learning under Asymmetric Information. Southern Economic Journal, 67(3), pp. 637–655.
- Jain, N. (2001). Monitoring costs and trade credit. Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 41(1), pp. 89–110.
- Mirman, L.J. and Jain, N. (2000). Real and financial effects of insider trading with correlated signals. Economic Theory, 16(2), pp. 333–353.
- Jain, N. and Mirman, L.J. (1999). Insider trading with correlated signals. Economics Letters, 65(1), pp. 105–113. doi:10.1016/s0165-1765(99)00121-4.
- Jain, N. (1990). Transitivity of fuzzy relations and rational choice. Annals of Operations Research, 23(1), pp. 265–278. doi:10.1007/bf02204851.
London EC1V 0HB
Professor Jain received her PhD degree in Economics from University of Minnesota in 1995.
Prior to joining City University London, she taught at several universities, including University of Virginia (Economics), Rice University (Jones School of Management) and University of Auckland (Business School).
Professor Jain has taught at undergraduate and graduate levels, in Economics and Finance departments. The modules taught include intermediate microeconomics, international trade, corporate finance to undergraduates, masters and MBAs, financial economics for Ph.D.s, Industrial Organization and Game Theory for masters.
Professor Jain specializes in microeconomic theory, game theory, industrial organization and financial economics. Her current research is on the effects of financing on mode of entry of multinationals, and on estimation of cost and production functions, using a new methodology developed in `Instrument-free Identification and Estimation of Differentiated Products Models using Cost Data' (see https://sites.google.com/site/neelamjaincity/). Most recently she has published in the Journal of Econometrics (Accepted, December 2021), Quantitative Marketing and Economics (2012), International Journal of IndustrialOrganization (2011), Review of Economic Design (2011) and Econometrica (2009). She has also published in Academy of Management Journal (2007), European Economic Review (2006) and Economic Theory (2000, 2003).
- Byrne, D.P., Imai, S., Jain, N. and Sarafidis, V. (2022). Instrument-free identification and estimation of differentiated products models using cost data. Journal of Econometrics, 228(2), pp. 278–301. doi:10.1016/j.jeconom.2021.12.006.
Publications by category
- Jain, N. and Mirman, L.J. (2002). Agency Games. In Bitros, and Katsoulacos, (Eds.), Essays in Economic Theory, Growth and Labor Markets (pp. 223–242). Edward Elgar.
Journal articles (18)
Scholarly editions (3)
- Jain, N., Jeitschko, T.D. and Mirman, L.J. (2001). Financial Intermediation and Entry Deterrence.
- Imai, S., Jain, N. and Ching, A. Bayesian Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Choice Models.
- Jain, N. Debt, Managerial Incentives and Learning.
- member of the editorial board of Studies in Microeconomics, a SAGE publication, board member, Feb 2016 – Feb 2018.