London EC1V 0HB
Miranda is a qualified and practicing midwife with clinical experience in both the hospital and community environment before she changed her pathway to academia.
Initially trained as a chemist and obtaining her first degree in chemistry from The Manchester Metropolitan University, she switched to midwifery following a chance encounter while volunteering in St Mary’s Hospital maternity unit in Manchester.
She obtained her midwifery qualification from City University of London and quickly rose through the ranks culminating in her appointment as a band 8a Named Midwife for Safeguarding. In addition to this, when she completed her Mentorship Certificate her interest in academics was birthed. She is also a qualified Professional Midwifery Advocate providing advice and counsel to other midwives through restorative clinical supervision. To further enhance her clinical practice, she undertook a stint at the Corniche Hospital in Abu Dhabi where she was headhunted as a charge midwife.
Miranda's interest in academics has evolved with an MSc.in Public Health from LSHTM where she had a seminal dissertation on Female Genital Mutilation. She has subsequently obtained a PGCE in chemistry with science followed by a PGCAP which obtained her fellowship with the HEA.
Miranda's passion has always been to improve the outcome of women in childbirth through enhancing the knowledge of midwifery practitioners and students and she brings with her a wealth of up to date evidence based knowledge and practical skills as she still tries to remain active in the hospital environment.
She commenced as a lecturer at the University of Suffolk but the allure of her Alma Mater brought her back to City, University of London. She has since commenced her Doctorate in Education (EdD) at University College of London and is currently on the 100 Black Professors Now programme organised by Women in Higher Education Network and is a fellow of the Council of Deans of Health.
- Post Graduate Certificate In Academic Practice, University of Suffolk, United Kingdom, 2019
- Post Graduate Certificate In Education, St Mary's University Twickenham London, United Kingdom, 2017
- MSc Public Health, Health Promotion, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom, 2007 – 2009
- BSc Hons Midwifery, City, University London, United Kingdom, 2001 – 2004
- Doctor of Education, University College London, London, United Kingdom, Sep 2022
- EDI Link for Midwifery, City University of London, Jun 2020 – present
- Erasmus Exchange Link for Midwifery, City university of London