London EC1V 0HB
Mark became a lecturer in the Division of Optometry and Visual Science at City, University of London in February 2019.
After graduating from University of Sheffield with a degree in physiology, Mark studied optometry at City University finishing in 2001. After passing the Professional Qualifying Examinations in 2002 he worked full time as a primary care community optometrist for 9 years. During which time he supervised pre-registration optometrists and helped develop training courses for pre-registration and registered professionals.
In 2011 Mark became both a College of Optometrists Assessor for the Scheme for Registration and a Visiting Clinical Tutor at City, University of London in the primary care clinics.
Mark’s current role is as a Senior Assessor within the College of Optometrists involves assessing pre-registration optometrists at Stage 1 and Stage 2 and performing quality assurance observations of other College of Optometrist assessors.
- Introductory Certificate in Academic Practice, City, University London, United Kingdom, Oct 2017
- BSc Optometry, City, University London, United Kingdom, Sep 1998 – Jul 2001
- BSc Physiology, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, Sep 1995 – Jul 1998
- Lecturer, City, University London, Feb 2019 – present
- Visiting Clincal Tutor, City, University London, Sep 2011 – Jan 2019
- College of Optometrists Assessor, College of Optometrists, Sep 2011 – present
Memberships of professional organisations
- Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy, Higher Education Academy, Oct 2017 – present
- General Optical Council, Jul 2002 – present
- College of Optometrists, Jul 2002 – present