- Shah, A.K. (2021). Reform Lessons From Investigative Journalism. Review Essay of ‘Beancounters’ by Richard Brooks. The British Accounting Review pp. 101069–101069. doi:10.1016/j.bar.2021.101069.
London EC1V 0HB
Professor Atul K. Shah is an accomplished thought leader, writer, lecturer and broadcaster, with a PhD from London School of Economics, and has published international books and research papers in renown journals. His work has been profiled in Forbes, Guardian, Financial Times, Economia and on BBC Radio.
Books published by Routledge include 'The Politics of Risk, Audit & Regulation - A Case Study of HBOS'; 'Jainism and Ethical Finance' (jointly with Aidan Rankin); 'Reinventing Accounting & Finance Education - For a Caring, Inclusive and Sustainable Planet'; and 'Celebrating Diversity'. Journals in which he has published include Accounting, Organisations and Society; Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal; European Accounting Review; Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance; Business Ethics - A European Review;.
Professor Shah has taught at the London School of Economics; University of Bristol; University of Maryland; University of Essex; University of Suffolk; and Middlesex University.
He is a qualified Chartered Accountant and member of ICAEW. He is passionate about Cultural Inclusion and Ethical Finance and continues to provide global academic leadership in a number of critical areas relating to finance, accounting and corporate governance and regulation. He is a sought after speaker and broadcaster.
- PhD, London School of Economics, United Kingdom, 1990 – 1993
Publications by category
- Shah, A.K. and Rankin, A. (2017). Jainism and Ethical Finance A Timeless Business Model. Taylor & Francis. ISBN 978-1-317-23421-0.
- Shah, A.K. (2017). Reinventing Accounting and Finance Education For a Caring, Inclusive and Sustainable Planet. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-351-70545-5.
- Shah, A.K. (2017). The Politics of Financial Risk, Audit and Regulation A Case Study of HBOS. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-351-85707-9.
- Shah, A. (2007). Celebrating Diversity. UK: Kevin Mayhew.