- Fadeeva, A., Mann, E., McGill, G., Wilson Menzfeld, G., Moreland, M., Melling, A. … Kiernan, M.D. (2023). Bereaved UK military families: A mixed methods study on the provision of practical and emotional support. Death Studies, 47(4), pp. 450–460. doi:10.1080/07481187.2022.2089777.
- Sakalidis, K.E., Fadeeva, A., Hettinga, F.J. and Ling, F.C.M. (2023). The role of the social environment in inclusive sports participation—Identifying similarities and challenges in athletes with and without Intellectual Disabilities through coaches’ eyes: A qualitative inquiry. PLOS ONE, 18(1). doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0280379.
- Fadeeva, A., Tiwari, A., Mann, E. and Kiernan, M.D. (2022). A protocol for developing a complex needs indicator for veterans (CNIV) in the UK. Public Health in Practice, 4. doi:10.1016/j.puhip.2022.100281.
- Farrell, D., Fadeeva, A., Zat, Z., Knibbs, L., Miller, P., Barron, I. … Kiernan, M.D. (2022). A Stage 1 Pilot Cohort Exploring the Use of EMDR Therapy as a Videoconference Psychotherapy During COVID-19 With Frontline Mental Health Workers: A Proof of Concept Study Utilising a Virtual Blind 2 Therapist Protocol. Frontiers in Psychology, 13. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2022.901855.
- Thomas, L.B., Fadeeva, A. and Oliver, E.J. (2020). The double negative: Personality differentially predicts sensitivity to need support and thwarting, and subsequent behavioural response planning. Personality and Individual Differences, 156, pp. 109767–109767. doi:10.1016/j.paid.2019.109767.
London EC1V 0HB
Anastasia is a Research Fellow at the Violence and Society Centre. She has been exploring how violence is presented within health data with a particular focus on Public Health Wales dataset.
Anastasia has research experience in public health, social epidemiology, medicine, and health psychology with the emphasis on health determinants, mental health, and health behaviours. Her doctoral research explored the predictors of positive retirement adjustment and ways to promote well-being and physical activity during retirement transition. She previously worked at the Northern Hub for Veterans and Military Families Research at Northumbria University researching the distribution, patterns, and determinants of physical and mental health in the UK veterans’ cohort.
- PhD, Northumbria University, United Kingdom, Oct 2017 – Feb 2021
- MSc (Dist), London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom, Sep 2015 – Sep 2016
- MBBS, First St Petersburg Pavlov State Medical University, Russian Federation, Sep 2009 – Jun 2015
- Research Fellow, City, University of London, Jan 2022 – present
- Senior Research Assistant, Northumbria University, Oct 2020 – Jan 2022
Publications by category
- Fadeeva, A., Baker, K., Ling, F. and Thomas, L. (2021). Developing a ‘Backasting’ health promotion intervention for retirement transition. BSG 2021 50th Annual Conference 7-9 July, Lancaster University.
- Fadeeva, A. (2020). What is the recipe for a happy retirement? Fuse open science blog.
Journal articles (5)
- Kiernan, M., McGill, G., Wilson, G., Melling, A., Mann, E., Fadeeva, A. … Nicholson, L. (2021). War Widows ‘Knock on the Door’ An Exploratory Study of the Experiences of Bereaved Military Families. The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust.
- Fadeeva, A. PROMOTING HEALTH AND WELL-BEING IN LATER LIFE: RETIREMENT AS A TRANSITION POINT. (PhD Thesis)