Looking for free legal advice? City, University of London provides free legal advice to members of the public.
Our students are currently working on cases and our clinic is full and not able to take any new enquires. Please try Law Works for alternative clinics.
We are still operating our community clinic, please call 020 7928 9521 if you have a housing or an employment matter and we may be able to help you with a legal advice appointment.
All appointments are virtual.
If your company has financial problems, we can assist with the following:
- Advice on the law and procedure in the winding up court
- How to make or respond to a winding up petition
- Representation on your behalf before the winding up court
- What will happen after a winding up order is made
- How to apply for a validation order, rescission/appeal of a winding up order
- Provide you with guides on how to make the applications at 5) above and how to write a witness statement
Please email Company Insolvency Clinic on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also provide free legal help for Litigants-in-Person (LiPs) appearing before the winding up court on Wednesdays. We operate from Consultation Room 17 in the High Court, Rolls Building, Fetter Lane, London.
We will arrange a conference with a barrister via Zoom.
We aim to comply with the professional standards applicable to the legal profession. However, we are not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and do not hold ourselves out to be a solicitor's practice.
During the COVID-19 crisis, we are still offering free legal advice, but all appointments will take place Virtually using video or telephone conferencing.