Professor Klaus Zauner
- Professor Klaus Zauner
- +44 (0)20 7040 4510
Professor Zauner is a microeconomist with research and teaching interests in industrial economics, regulation, game theory, behavioural and experimental economics. After an MA at the University of Vienna, he received his MA, MPhil and PhD in Economics from the University of California, San Diego.
He joined City University London from the University of York. He has published in top-tier academic peer-refereed economic journals (for example, Journal of Economic Theory, Economic Theory, Games and Economic Behaviour) on industrial economics, economic theory, game theory and issues related to regulation.
He is an Editor of the Bulletin of Economic Research. His economic comments have received coverage on MSN News, Agence France Press, Yahoo! News Hong Kong, Yahoo! News Taiwan and others.
Current and previous academic appointments
- Professor, City University London, 2007-present
- Chair in Microeconomics, University of York
- Associate Professor, University of Vienna
- Assistant Professor (tenure track), University of Vienna
- Free University of Bolzano, Italy
- Lecturer, University of Sydney
- Lecturer (tenure track), Australian Graduate School of Management, Sydney
Microeconomics, Game Theory, Experimental Economics, Industrial Organisation.
- Zauner, K. and Mykhayliv, D. (2016). The Financial and Economic Performance of Social Banks..
- Mykhayliv, D. and Zauner, K.G. (2017). The impact of equity ownership groups on investment: Evidence from Ukraine. Economic Modelling, 64, pp. 20–25. doi:10.1016/j.econmod.2017.03.005.
- Mykhayliv, D. and Zauner, K.G. (2015). Investment Behaviour, Corporate Control, And Private Benefits Of Control: Evidence From A Survey Of Ukrainian Firms. Bulletin of Economic Research, 67(4), pp. 309–323. doi:10.1111/boer.12001.
- Mykhayliv, D. and Zauner, K.G. (2013). Investment behavior and ownership structures in Ukraine: Soft budget constraints, government ownership and private benefits of control. Journal of Comparative Economics, 41(1), pp. 265–278. doi:10.1016/j.jce.2012.03.001.
- Meagher, K.J. and Zauner, K.G. (2011). Uncertain spatial demand and price flexibility: A state space approach to duopoly. Economics Letters, 113(1), pp. 26–28. doi:10.1016/j.econlet.2011.06.003.
- Orosel, G.O. and Zauner, K.G. (2011). Quality diversity and prices in markets for experience goods. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 20(3), pp. 709–738. doi:10.1111/j.1530-9134.2011.00308.x.
- Talmain, G. and Zauner, K. (2006). Editorial. Bulletin of Economic Research, 58(2), p. 73. doi:10.1111/j.0307-3378.2006.00243.x.
- Meagher, K.J. and Zauner, K.G. (2005). Location-then-price competition with uncertain consumer tastes. Economic Theory, 25(4), pp. 799–818. doi:10.1007/s00199-004-0520-6.
- Meagher, K.J. and Zauner, K.G. (2004). Product differentiation and location decisions under demand uncertainty. Journal of Economic Theory, 117(2), pp. 201–216. doi:10.1016/j.jet.2003.12.006.
- Borrmann, J. and Zauner, K.G. (2004). Cross-subsidization when firms are allowed to make non-zero profits. International Journal of the Economics of Business, 11(2), pp. 241–247.
- Costa-Gomes, M.A. and Zauner, K.G. (2003). Learning, non-equilibrium beliefs, and non-pecuniary payoffs in an experimental game. Economic Theory, 22(2), pp. 263–288. doi:10.1007/s00199-002-0295-6.
- Zauner, K.G. (2002). The existence of equilibrium in games with randomly perturbed payoffs and applications to experimental economics. Mathematical social sciences, 44(1), pp. 115–120. doi:10.1016/S0165-4896(02)00008-2.
- Costa-Gomes, M. and Zauner, K.G. (2001). Ultimatum Bargaining Behavior in Israel, Japan, Slovenia, and the United States: A Social Utility Analysis. Games and Economic Behavior, 34(2), pp. 238–269. doi:10.1006/game.2000.0805.
- Zauner, K. (2000). Book Reviews: Uncertain Decisions: Bridging Theory and Experiments. Journal of Economic Literature, 38(2), pp. 422–423. doi:10.1257/jel.38.2.412.
- Zauner, K.G. (1999). A Payoff Uncertainty Explanation of Results in Experimental Centipede Games. Games and Economic Behavior, 26(1), pp. 157–185. doi:10.1006/game.1998.0649.
- Meagher, K. and Zauner, K. Spacial Equilibrium in a State Space Approach to Demand Uncertainty.