Dr Agne Suziedelyte
- Dr Agne Suziedelyte
- +44 (0)20 7040 4543
Dr Suziedelyte is an applied microeconometrician. Her broad research areas are health economics and economics of human capital. She is particularly interested in the effects of information and communication technologies and media on health and human capital development. Her other research interests include unintended consequences of public policies, mental health effects of economic shocks and natural disasters, and reporting of health in surveys.
Research interests: Applied microeconometrics, health economics, economics of human capital, information and communication technologies, media, mental health.
PhD in Economics, The University of New South Wales (2012)
- Suziedelyte, A. (2016). The effect of multitasking on children’s noncognitive skills. The Economics of Multitasking (pp. 61–89). ISBN 978-1-137-38144-6.
- Black, N., Johnston, D.W. and Suziedelyte, A. (2017). Justification bias in self-reported disability: New evidence from panel data. Journal of Health Economics, 54, pp. 124–134. doi:10.1016/j.jhealeco.2017.05.001.
- Suziedelyte, A. and Zhu, A. (2015). Does early schooling narrow outcome gaps for advantaged and disadvantaged children? Economics of Education Review, 45, pp. 76–88. doi:10.1016/j.econedurev.2015.02.001.
- Johnston, D.W., Lordan, G., Shields, M.A. and Suziedelyte, A. (2015). Education and health knowledge: Evidence from UK compulsory schooling reform. Social Science and Medicine, 127, pp. 92–100. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2014.10.026.
- Doiron, D., Fiebig, D.G., Johar, M. and Suziedelyte, A. (2015). Does self-assessed health measure health? Applied Economics, 47(2), pp. 180–194. doi:10.1080/00036846.2014.967382.
- Suziedelyte, A. (2015). The effects of old and new media on children’s weight. Applied Economics, 47(10), pp. 1008–1018. doi:10.1080/00036846.2014.987916.
- Suziedelyte, A. (2015). Media and human capital development: Can video game playing make you smarter? Economic Inquiry, 53(2), pp. 1140–1155. doi:10.1111/ecin.12197.
- Doiron, D., Fiebig, D.G. and Suziedelyte, A. (2014). Hips and hearts: The variation in incentive effects of insurance across hospital procedures. Journal of Health Economics, 37(1), pp. 81–97. doi:10.1016/j.jhealeco.2014.06.006.
- Suziedelyte, A. and Johar, M. (2013). Can you trust survey responses? Evidence using objective health measures. Economics Letters, 121(2), pp. 163–166. doi:10.1016/j.econlet.2013.07.027.
- Suziedelyte, A. (2012). How does searching for health information on the Internet affect individuals' demand for health care services? Social Science and Medicine, 75(10), pp. 1828–1835. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2012.07.022.
- Johnston, D.W., Shields, M.A. and Suziedelyte, A. Victimisation, Wellbeing and Compensation: Using Panel Data to Estimate the Costs of Violent Crime. Economic Journal .
- Bharadwaj, P., Pai, M.M. and Suziedelyte, A. Mental Health Stigma.