An Approach to Creative Writing Short Courses
|Start Date||Start Time||Duration||Cost||Course Code||Apply|
|Monday 30 September 2013||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£230.00||CS1201||Apply Now|
|Monday 27 January 2014||18:30 - 20:30||10 weekly classes||£230.00||CS1201||Apply Now|
|Tuesday 29 April 2014||18:30 - 21:00||8 weekly classes||£230.00||CS1201||Apply Now|
Sara Boyes (BA Hons, MA) has contributed poems to a number of anthologies including Images of Women and www.poetrypf.co.uk and has also produced three collections of poetry: Kite and Wild Flowers from Stride and Black Flame from Hearing Eye. She has worked in community theatre, writing and acting in plays and now teaches creative writing courses at City University London and Middlesex University .
Applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
What will I learn?
- How to find inspiration for your writing;
- How to structure, develop and end a story;
- How to create characters, write convincing dialogue and use different narrative voices and points of view;
- How to ensure your writing is lucid and vivid;
- How to assess, revise and edit your work.
Teaching and Assessment
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.