Access VBA Programming Short Courses
Learn to use Access VBA programming to enhance the design of your database application and improve the usability of the forms you create. This fully hands on short course also covers the DAO, the programming interface to the Jet database engine. The part-time course concludes with examples of how to extend Access to work with other applications.
Dates and Fees to be confirmed
Tutor InfoAndrew Sekiewicz has worked as a full-time trainer, including teaching Access. He has set up many database projects including an Examinations database for a London teaching hospital, an information system for a charity and a system to monitor workstation usage for City University London.
EligibilityWorking knowledge of MS Access; basic programming as taught in VBA in Excel
English RequirementsApplicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
What will I learn?
- Introduction and overview; the Visual Basic Editor; standard modules and class modules
- VBA: variables and data types, procedures, functions, if statements, case statements; error handling and debugging
- basic SQL (Structured Query Language)
- programs for importing and exporting data to Excel
- programs for connecting to other databases
- More VBA: looping, parameters
- The Data Access Objects model (DAO); referencing forms using the Microsoft Access Object Model
- Programming DAO (3-4 sessions)
- Introduction to Active X Data Objects model (ADO) (1 session)
Teaching and AssessmentInformal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.
Leads To...MS Access Databases
Database design with SQL Server