Centre for Human Computer Interaction Design
The Centre for HCI Design is the elite Human-Computer Interaction group in London and we take great pride in our outstanding research, teaching and consultancy & business services. Our prime focus is the relationship between people and innovative technology with the aim of creating more useful and usable systems.
We are a leading research centre in the UK:
- Featured project: Evaluating the Effects of a Virtual Communication Environment for People with Aphasia
- Our research focuses on creativity, collaboration, requirements engineering, healthcare, diverse users, novel interactions with information systems and innovative interfaces/devices. Find out more about our recent research projects
- Thinking about a PhD? Find out more about potential research topics
Building on our strong research and teaching, we have up-to-date expertise which we translate to business contexts:
- Need help with capturing requirements for complex systems?
- Need advice of how to best design your online presence, evaluate your websites and applications or hire a usability lab?
Find out more about our Consultancy & Business Services.
We channel our research excellence into teaching:
- We offer a part-time/full-time MSc in Human-Computer Interaction Design (HCID) which focuses on designing for usability and user experience (UX) for innovative systems and technology. Our course strikes a healthy balance between fundamental theories and practical skills. This course attracts high-calibre students and has an excellent staff-student ratio.
Apply now to the MSc in Human-Computer Interaction Design.