What is the survey?
The survey we are asking you to take part in is a national survey of everyone who has recently qualified from any university or HE college in the UK. The information you provide will also be very useful to us at City to advise our current students about the opportunities that might be available to them.
- Of those who obtained qualifications across the UK in 2013/14, 79% responded to the survey.
- Of these, 71% reported that they were working and a further 6% were working and studying.
- 12% were undertaking further study only.
- 6% of leavers were assumed to be unemployed.
More results and further information on the survey is available from HESA.
- Let us know if you change your details.
If we don’t hear from you we will try to contact you again, possibly by phone from City’s Destinations Survey number on 020 7688 3200, so please let us know if you change your email address or phone number.
- What happens if we can't get in touch with you
We may try to get information about what you were doing from someone else, either at City or someone we can reach using the contact information you have previously provided.
If you don’t want us to do this, or you don’t want to give us any information at all, please let us know.
A follow-up survey is planned for three years’ time so that we can get even more information about the early careers of those with Higher Education qualifications. You might be asked to take part in this follow-up survey as well, which will be carried out by a different organisation. The current survey may also be audited – that is, checked to make sure it has been carried out correctly. If you don’t want to take part in the follow-up survey please let us know. You can also let us know that you do not want to take part in the follow-up survey by ticking the box at the end of the questionnaire.
What happens to your information
At City, University of London
- The information supplied is collected and coded, then stored on City, University of London's student record system by staff from the Careers Service. Your destination data held by the Careers Service will be linked to other information supplied as part of your student record and may be used to produce other reports on education and employment trends overall by the institution. The information collected will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act and no one will be able to obtain information about you personally from any published statistics.
- New contact details that you provide will also be shared with the Alumni Office. Any information published will be in anonymised form.
- We will send information from this survey to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA). The uses that HESA makes of your survey responses are described in detail at here.