Book An Appointment
If you are a City student or recent graduate you are able to book a one-to-one appointment with one of our careers consultants. These appointments can be used to check your cv/application or to discuss your career options or any other career related issue.
If you would like to make an appointment for a CV check we recommend you review our Writing a CV career guide. This will give you some good tips on what to include on your CV, and you might also wish to check our events schedule to see when the next CV workshop is running.
We have three types of appointments available:
20 minute appointment
Why not arrange a free 20 minute session with one of our Careers Consultants? We can offer professional advice on:
- Covering Letters,
- and quick careers queries.
We highly recommend reviewing our career guides before your appointment. This will ensure you get the most out of your 20 minute appointment.
You can book your appointment online. You are only able to book one 20 minute appointment every two days.
Please make sure you are on time. If you are more than five minutes late, you will loose your appointment.
Be sure to bring printed copies of any information e.g. cvs, Covering letter.
If you require communication or access support, please contact us on 0207 040 8093 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ways of organising this.
Careers Centre Opening Times
|Monday||9am to 5pm|
|Tuesday||9am to 5pm|
|Wednesday||9am to 5pm|
|Thursday||10:30am to 5pm|
|Friday||9am to 5pm|
Career Guidance Appointment (45 mins)
Career guidance is the process that enables you to make a well-informed and realistic decision about your future career. A Career guidance appointment is an opportunity to discuss in- depth your career ideas and plans with an experienced adviser on a confidential one to one basis.
To book a guidance appointment use the book now button at the top of this page.
The agenda for the interview will be agreed at the start of the interview according to your own requirements and could include:
- Discussion on specific career areas open to you and relevant labour market information
- The process of Job Search and Selection
- Changing or leaving a course
- Finding work and study opportunities
- Discussing work experience options
- Helping you to identify and analyse the skills you have to offer
- Discussion on issues relating to the transition from study to work
- Support to improve your interview skills (Mock Interview)
If you are unsure whether you need a full careers guidance interview, just ask at the enquiry desk or call 0207 040 8093.
To prepare for a careers guidance interview think about what you want to discuss and reasons for coming for an interview prior to the interview and make use of the other facilities available to you in the Careers Centre such as:
- Reading information available to you in the library or on the planning your career section online.
- Initial discussion with Information staff or with a Careers Consultant in a drop in session
- To generate career ideas and learn more about particular occupations using Prospects Planner before the session to enable the consultant to discuss the results with you.
Mock Interview Appointment (45 mins)
The purpose of a mock interview is to offer you the opportunity to have a trial run of a real interview. It allows you to practise answering relevant interview questions and then receive feedback on your responses. The careers consultant will use information you provide about the job to try and predict interview questions that the employer may ask you.
- To book a mock interview use the book now button at the top of this page.
When you book the appointment you will be asked to attach the following documents :
- The cv or application form which you submitted as your application.
- A full job description and person specification listing the skills that the employer is looking for.
This information will enable the Careers Consultant to prepare questions relevant to your application and provide a tailored mock interview. The consultant will require three working days to prepare for your mock interview. If your interview is at short notice, do still book an appointment and we will be able to conduct a generic mock interview. In this case the appointment will focus on general interview questions and a discussion of interview technique rather than being a specifically tailored mock interview.
All our guidance work is confidential, impartial and accessible in line with the AGCAS Code of Practice on Guidance.