Organisational Psychology Group
A very warm welcome to the Organisational Psychology Group (OPG) web pages. We are a team of psychologists with internationally recognised expertise across a range of areas within the field of occupational and organisational psychology.
Here you will find an overview of group members, along with their key research interests and activities. You may also be interested in applying for City's MSc Organisational Psychology. Please note that entry to this course is highly competitive, and you are strongly advised to apply as early as possible in the year if you wish to join us.
The primary aims of our group are as follows:
- To conduct research in the field of occupational and applied psychology that is deemed internationally excellent or world-leading
- To advance scientific knowledge about the factors that promote individual, team, and organisational well-being and effectiveness
- To disseminate this knowledge to organisational stakeholders, the general public, and to the academic community
- To design, implement, and evaluate methods for promoting effectiveness and well-being at work
- To develop staff and students to high levels of knowledge and expertise in key areas of the field occupational and organisational psychology.
Members of the OPG have recently collaborated with the Business School to form the Centre for Performance at Work, directed by Professor Jo Silvester.