Your study environment
Access to the library outside our regular staffed hours (after 9pm weekdays and 6pm at weekends) is for City students and staff only.
To ensure your safety and security, CCTV is in operation and regular patrols are undertaken by security staff.
Self service facilities are available to borrow and return items. Security staff are unable to issue items from the holdshelf.
All users are expected to familiarise themselves with the Library Services Code of Conduct.
Advice on how to make sure your study time is effective and you get enough rest to prepare properly for your exams is available from our colleagues in Student Services.
Cold snacks can come in....but please use the bin
In response to user feedback, cold snack food is now permitted in all City, University of London Libraries.
Please co-operate in maintaining a pleasant study environment for all library users
- Hot food is strictly forbidden in all library areas
- Use bins and keep the library clean and tidy
- Respect the library spaces and your fellow students.
All users are expected to familiarise themselves with the Library Services Code of Conduct. Key points are summarised below:
To ensure your safety and security when in the Library, CCTV is in operation and routine patrols are undertaken. Users are reminded to:
- Carry your City ID card.
- Keep valuables with you. Unattended items may be removed.
- Be vigilant and report any suspicious behaviour.
- Follow instructions given by staff in an emergency and learn the escape routes.
Food and drink
- Hot and cold lidded drinks (except alcoholic drinks) are permitted in all areas of the library.
- Cold snack food is permitted.
- Hot food is prohibited throughout the Library.
- Silence must be observed in all silent study areas
- Where group study space is provided, conversations must be kept at as low a level as possible
- Conversation must be kept at as low a level as possible within the PC labs.
- Mobile phones must be set to silent mode before entering any library area
- It is prohibited to make or receive calls in silent study areas
- Mobile phone calls are permitted in group study areas of the Library provided they do not cause disturbance to other library users.