City, University of London Scholarship Programme
The City, University of London Scholarship Programme aims to provide financial support to undergraduates coming from the lowest household income groups. In 2017/18 will we grant over 200 scholarships towards living costs. Students accepted to City through clearing will also be considered for this scholarship.
Value and duration
* There are over 200 scholarships to be awarded to new undergraduates starting in 2017/18;
* Each scholarship is worth between £800 and £1,400;
* Each scholarship will be paid for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory academic progress, please see the terms and conditions for full details.
* New Home/UK undergraduates who are ordinarily resident in England;
* Residual household income equal to or less than £42,611 a year or less as assessed by Student Finance England (SFE);
* New undergraduates starting in 2017/18.
Eligible undergraduates from the following groups will be given priority:
* care leavers (who can demonstrate they have lived in care);
* undergraduates with a declared disability through their UCAS application form;
* self-funded (independent) undergraduates, as assessed by Student Finance England (SFE).
How to apply
Step 1. Apply for Student Finance through Student Finance England (SFE)
Step 2. Provide your household income to Student Finance England, please visit this website for further information.
Step 3. Both you and your sponsors/parents/partner/guardians must give consent to share your household income with City, University of London. Your consent must be activated on your Student Finance England account before/on 31st October 2017. For any queries on giving your consent please contact Student Finance England directly on 0300 100 0607.
Step 4. If you successfully complete steps 1 through to 3, you will then be considered for a scholarship/bursary, provided you meet the eligibility criteria listed above.
Important: you must provide your household income to Student Finance England and your consent to share your household income with City, University of London by 31st October 2017, otherwise you will not be considered for a scholarship/bursary for the full duration of your undergraduate course at City.
Notification and payment
Undergraduates who have been offered a scholarship, will be contacted during January 2018 by their City email address. The scholarship will be paid in two equal instalments in January and April each year.
Please note: allocation of these scholarships in the first year is dependent on the selection parameters and the number of scholarships available. This means that not every eligible undergraduate will be given a scholarship. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible undergraduates from the lowest household incomes. Please see the terms and conditions for further details.