Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to The City Undergraduate Care Leavers Bursary, The City Undergraduate Accommodation Bursary and The City Undergraduate Mature Student Bursary.
1. Eligible students must be fully registered at City by 31 October 2016. They must also have been fully assessed by Student Finance England by this date, otherwise they will not be considered for the award.
2. Students must be new entrants to Higher Education, i.e. have not previously studied part or all of an undergraduate degree programme.
3. Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student i.e. those commencing in Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 are not eligible.
4. The award is available to eligible Home/UK undergraduate students who are ordinarily resident in England. Students who are ordinarily resident in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland are not eligible.
5. Students whose tuition fees are reassessed in the middle of their degree or who restart a degree will not be eligible.
6. Students may be eligible for additional awards.
7. Students must be fully enrolled to receive the bursary, and must be fully enrolled in subsequent years, and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
8. The number of bursaries is limited and we cannot guarantee that every student who meets the eligibility criteria will receive a bursary.
9. The following categories of students are not eligible for bursaries:
* students in receipt of the Lord Mayor of London Scholarship for Academic Excellence (with the exception of The City Undergraduate Care Leavers Bursary);
* NHS-funded students;
* students directly continuing from one course to another (for example from foundation degree or HND on to the final year of an honours degree);
* students transferring in from another institution;
* students undertaking a postgraduate qualification;
* part-time students studying at less than 25 per cent intensity of the full-time equivalent course;
* any other students whose fees are paid or part-paid through a sponsorship arrangement.