The City Future Fund Postgraduate Accommodation Bursaries
The City Future Fund Postgraduate Accommodation Bursaries are funded by the generous donations from City alumni and friends through the City Future Fund. These bursaries are aimed at postgraduate students in financial hardship studying PGDip Nursing or Speech and Language Therapy. There are two scholarships to be award worth £1,100 each towards accommodation costs for a maximum of two years.
- New Home/UK postgraduates;
- In receipt of a full NHS means tested bursary;
- Studying for their first postgraduate qualification;
- Living in City nominated Halls of residence or independently;
- Studying a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing (all streams) or Speech and Language Therapy.
- Each bursary is worth £1,100 per academic year for a maximum of two academic years. Bursary renewal is subject to academic performance at the end of the first year.
- The bursary will be paid in a two equal instalments £550 in January and £550 in April towards accommodation costs.
Application and deadline
There are two parts to the application form: the online application form and the supporting documents. Students are required to submit:
- A photocopy of your NHS Bursary Entitlement Letter 2015/16 AND
- A photocopy of your signed rental agreement– the following information must be visible on this document: your full name, date of agreement, weekly/monthly rent amount.
Both the application form and supporting evidence must be submitted on/before Monday 16th November 2015. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications are closed for 2015/16.
Selection and notification
Applications will be assessed on the basis of financial hardship and academic merit. Shortlisting will be conducted by a panel consisting of both academic and professional staff. Short-listed applicants may be required to provide further information and/or attend an interview. The panel’s decision will be final and cannot be appealed. All applicants will be contacted by 29th January 2016. Awardees are expected to attend the University Scholarship Event in 2016.