Study at City
  1. Courses
  2. Applying
  3. Fees and funding
  4. Living in London
  5. Visit us & online events
  6. Student support
  7. International students
  8. Order a prospectus
  9. Ask a student
  1. Visa and immigration
    1. Student visa
    2. EU students and EU Settlement Scheme
    3. Standard Visitor Visas
    4. Working in the UK
    5. Schengen visa
    6. News
    7. Visitor Visas for Graduation
    8. Student Life
Study at City

Visa and immigration advice

City, University of London has an International Student Advice team who provide confidential advice and guidance to applicants and students on study-related visa and immigration issues

Student visa

Find out how to apply for a Student General Student visa if you are a Non-EEA or Switzerland applicant studying a full time course.

EU students and EU Settlement Scheme

Find out more information for current and new EU students at City, and about the EU Settlement Scheme that allows EEA nationals to apply for the right to remain in the UK long term after 2020.

Standard Visitor Visas

Find out how to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa if you are coming to the UK to do a short course or a short period of research.

Working in the UK

Find out if and how you can work in the UK during or after your studies depending on which visa you have and which permissions you need.

Schengen visa

Find out about the Schengen Visa Scheme which allows travel between certain countries within the EEA and Switzerland using only one visa.

Immigration News

Ensure you keep up to date with news regarding updates or changes for your UK Visa and your immigration requirements while studying.

Visitor Visas for Graduation

Find out how to apply for a visa to attend your own graduation or your family members who may need to apply for visas to visit London.

Student Life

Aside from life at City, there are numerous ways to make the most of life in London and the UK

Coronavirus information for prospective students

City, University of London is still accepting applications for students interested in joining in September 2020, though the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic may result in some changes to events and processes. Please read our coronavirus statement and FAQ for prospective students.

How we can help you

You will find all information for visa applications on our website. If you have any further questions, please send us a query by email (, call us on +44 (0) 207 040 7040 or join us online in our weekly sessions.

Due to current evolving situation regarding the coronavirus pandemic, The Student Centre is now closed but all staff are working remotely.

Visa advice for City international students - online session

In light of the evolving situation of the coronavirus outbreak, to ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff, the International Student Advice team is offering regular online sessions instead of face-to-face drop-in sessions to continue providing support to our students. These will take place every Tuesday and Friday, 2pm-3pm (GMT) and are open to all current international students at City, University of London. They give you the opportunity to talk with the International Student Advice Team online and receive advice and guidance on visa and immigration issues.

Please click on the relevant date to book your place on our sessions.

Due to the complex nature of immigration we do not offer individual advice online. If you do have to talk to us about your specific individual case please:

Book an individual appointment (conducted over the phone)

Appointments are intended for students who need specific support with a visa application, either before it is submitted or once an application has been refused. Students who have general questions about applying for a visa should read the guidance on this website, email us or join us online as stated above.

If you wish to have a private, confidential conversation with one of our advisers, please email us the following information:

  • Your full name
  • Your student number (if you are a current student)
  • Your contact telephone number
  • Summary of reasons for requesting appointment
  • Preferred day for appointment

Immigration advice and services regulated by the Immigration Services Commissioner

Immigration advice and services regulated by the Immigration Services Commissioner
International Student Advice Service: Statement of Service