Common Purpose Global Leader Experience Abroad: Vietnam 2019
Develop your intercultural and leadership skills through an intensive 4-day development programme, led by Common Purpose, in partnership with City and RMIT Vietnam.
The Experience: 8th - 16th* June, 2019
Develop your intercultural and leadership skills through an intensive 4-day development programme in Ho Chi Minh City, led by Common Purpose, in partnership with City, University of London and RMIT Vietnam. You will work alongside 100 students from Vietnam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Indonesia to find a ‘solution’ to the global challenge: “How can different generations work together to ensure cities maximise the benefits of AI (Artificial Intelligence)”? You will meet with local employers to gain an 'on the ground' understanding of the problems, needs of the region, and guidance on solutions. This will be an incredibly busy but exciting and rewarding week, which will provide you with significant employability and personal development skills.
This programme will take place at the RMIT Vietnam campus in Ho Chi Minh City. For a look into the campus, university, and surrounding areas, click on the link below:
City will cover the following costs of this trip:
- Round-trip Flights
- Food - (You will be provided with a contribution towards your food and local transport)
- Medical Insurance through City
- Visa (if required)
You are responsible for the following costs:
- Any souvenirs/personal items you wish to purchase
- Transport to/from your home and the airport in London
- Vaccinations (please speak with your personal GP to find out what you may need)
*We will likely be leaving Vietnam on the 15th but it would be an overnight flight and we will return to the UK on the 16th June.
**More information on accommodation will follow in March/April, but you will likely be sharing a room with another student from City (there will be no mixed-gender rooms).
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a current undergraduate City student, studying in any school within the University
- Students who have not previously participated in a semester or year-long Exchange Programme organised through City/Cass, which includes those who have recently applied for the 2019/20 academic year or semester exchange.
Whilst applications are open to all students, priority will be given to students who are 1st or 2nd year and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Care Leavers; Young Adult Carers; Young Independent Students (Estranged)
- Students from a low-income background
If selected for this trip, you will be required to:
- Attend a minimum of 3 mandatory meetings prior to departure
- Complete a Pre-Departure Survey, Daily Reflections whilst in Vietnam, and a Post-Trip Survey
- Provide a video, photographic or written 'report' after the experience (guidance will be provided)
- Attend a Focus Group session in September/October 2019
- Complete a Final Survey one-year after the experience, in June 2020.
Application Process & Deadline
- Complete online application form, via the 'Apply Now' button below* Deadline: 11th February at 23:59
- Application decisions will be communicated on: 15th February
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview week commencing: 25th February
- Final decisions communicated: 1st March
*All applications will be reviewed once the deadline has passed, however there are a limited number of applications available, so it is advisable to complete your application form as soon as you can. Please ensure you take the time to complete a quality application.
***Please note that only applications that have been fully completed and submitted will be reviewed. If you start and do not finish and submit an application, it will not be considered. You will NOT receive an email confirmation once you have submitted the application, but there will be a message on your screen saying you have submitted it. If you do not see this message, you have not correctly submitted the application.***
*If you feel that you are not able to complete a typed application form, please contact us by email to discuss an alternative method.
Other Study Abroad options
Find out more about the other Study Abroad options we can offer you.