Summer Schools - Funded Opportunities
Undergraduate students from all schools at City are invited to apply for funding to attend a Summer School at one of the following partner universities in Asia and Australia.
- Australia: University Of Queensland, Brisbane
- China: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong Baptist University
- Vietnam: RMIT Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh campus
This is an opportunity for students to gain an international experience and benefit from an academic and cultural programme in their chosen destination.
Please note that the criteria below apply only to City’s Summer School funding scheme, and students who do not meet the eligibility criteria can still apply to go on a Summer School independent of this funding scheme.
What does the funding cover?
City will cover tuition fees at the host university. In addition, each successful candidate will receive a grant of £2,500. The grant will go towards the cost of flights, accommodation and subsistence. The grant will likely not be sufficient to cover the full costs associated with the trip, and students are expected to cover any additional costs themselves. There are up to six funded spaces in 2019.
Am I eligible?
- Funding applications are open to undergraduate students from all five schools who are not yet in the final year of their degree
- Applicants must have achieved a cumulative average of 50% or above in exams and/or coursework to date (i.e. combined average during their time at City)
- Applicants must not previously have undertaken a semester or full year exchange programme (or intend to do so in 2019/20), or received other funding for an international opportunity through City (eg. Common Purpose trips)
- Applicants wishing to undertake a summer school in their home country will not be considered for funding
- Fill out the City funding application form (click on ‘Apply Now’ below) by 31st March 2019
- Successful funding applicants will be notified on 5th April 2019
- If successful, submit your application for your chosen Summer School by 30th April 2019
- Grants will be paid out to students by 31st May 2019