Research Council studentships
There are a number of Research Councils that may provide assistance funding individual PhD students through Doctoral Scholarships. Councils often provide other means of support and advice for postgraduate students as well.
In some cases, you will need to contact the relevant Council directly for more information about eligibility criteria and application forms. You should do this as early as possible, as many Councils have closing dates within the first half of the calendar year.
Councils that may support your PhD studentship include the following:
- Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC)
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC)