President's International Scholarship
We believe that exceptional academic performance should be recognised and rewarded. That is why City offers the President's Scholarship to international undergraduate students who achieve exceptional grades at 'A' Level or International Baccalaureate.
The President's Scholarship is for international students with exceptional grades at 'A' level or International Baccalaureate. This scholarship was previously named the Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship.
Registration and deadline
Eligible applicants will be contacted directly with an invitation to register for the scholarship. If you believe you should have received an email or have deleted or lost your email invitation, please contact email@example.com.
Registrations for 2019 entry must be submitted by 30th September 2019 in order to be considered for the scholarship. Please note that if you have not registered for the scholarship by 30th September 2019 we will not be able to consider your application. By applying for this scholarship, you confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the scholarship as set out in the tabs below.
For recipients entering in the 2019/20 academic year, the scholarship is worth £2,000 and will be payable each year (for a maximum of three years, subject to academic performance).
To qualify for the President's International Scholarship for 2019 entry, you must:
- Be an international student (i.e. from outside the UK/EU and paying the overseas fee)
- Be applying for your first year of undergraduate study in 2019/20
- Achieve grades AAA or above in 'A' levels or IB 35 or above in the International Baccalaureate* with the exception of courses in the Cass Business School (see below) and the School of Arts and Social Sciences (see below)
- For courses in the Cass Business School, achieve grades A*AA or above in 'A' Levels (or A*A*A for Actuarial Science) or IB 38 or above in the International Baccalaureate (or IB 39 for Actuarial Science)
- For Journalism based in the Schools of Arts and Social Sciences, achieve grades A*AA or above in 'A' Levels or IB 38 or above
- Accept an offer from City as your first choice
Please also see the full terms and conditions for the Scholarship.
* If you are an international student studying for other qualifications in your home education system, you may be eligible to apply for the Global Leaders Scholarship Scheme.
The following terms and conditions are relating to 2019 entry only.
- The Scholarship is available to all undergraduate students assessed as 'International' by City, University of London who meet the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions.
- Students must be studying for or hold 'A' levels or International Baccalaureate.
- Students must be registered full-time at City on 1st December 2019 to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
- Students must be commencing the first year of their degree as a new student, i.e. those commencing in Year 2 or 3 will not be eligible.
- Year 0 (Foundation Year) students are not eligible and Year 0 students progressing to Year 1 will not be eligible.
- If a student is not awarded the scholarship in Year 1, they will not be awarded the scholarship in any subsequent year.
- Students whose fees are reassessed in the middle of their degree or who restart their degree will not be eligible.
- Students are required to register for the scholarship by 30th September 2019. Students who do not complete the application process by this deadline will not be eligible.
- Students must choose City, University of London as their Firm choice through UCAS at initial decision stage or be placed through Clearing at City, University of London.
- The required qualifications at 'A' level are AAA or above or International Baccalaureate 35 IB points or above with the exception of courses in the Cass Business School (see points below) and the School of Arts and Social Sciences (Journalism - see point below).
- Required qualifications for courses in the Cass Business School are A*AA at 'A' Level or International Baccalaureate 38 IB points or above with the exception of those applying for Actuarial Science (see point below).
- Required qualifications for Actuarial Science in the Cass Business School are A*A*A at 'A' Level or International Baccalaureate 39 IB points or above.
- Required qualifications for Journalism in the School of Arts and Social Sciences are A*AA at 'A' Level or International Baccalaureate 38 IB points or above.
- 'A' levels must have been obtained from an official UK board. General Studies, Critical Thinking and Citizenship Studies 'A' levels are excluded. Two 'A' levels taken in the same subject will not count twice. Modular 'A' levels must have been cashed-in and certified.
- All qualifications are subject to confirmation by 15th November 2019.
- Students may be requested to provide additional information in order to confirm their eligibility for a Scholarship. Any additional information requested must be provided to City, University of London by 15th November 2019 in order for a student to be considered for a scholarship.
- Students undertaking a year abroad or placement year in industry will not be entitled to the Scholarship for that year.
- Students undertaking a replacement year abroad rather than an additional year will not be entitled to the Scholarship for that year. Students undertaking a replacement year will only receive the Scholarship for the two years of their course based at City.
- Students who withdraw from City before completion of their studies will be liable to repay to City the full amount received for that year.
- City requires continuous academic excellence to award the Scholarship in subsequent years. A student must normally achieve 65% or above in every progressive year to retain the Scholarship.
- City, University of London reserves the right to make changes to the terms and conditions of the Scholarship and these will appear on our website.
- If, after applying for one of the scholarships, your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for that scholarship, you may be considered for one of the other available awards at the discretion of City.
- Students who are successful in their application to this scheme are not eligible to receive funding from any of our other scholarships.
- Students awarded the Scholarship will be required to provide their bank details by 15th January 2020.
- Scholarships are in the gift of the university and we can exclude an applicant at our discretion.